Make a donation

Author Topic: Autosmart Actimousse XLS test/review  (Read 6104 times)

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Autosmart Actimousse XLS test/review
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:56 pm »
I've been using various snow foams over the past 5 years and for the past 2-3 my favourite has been Autobrite magifoam.  It produces a nice thick foam that dwells nicely on the paintwork and does a good job of removing most of the dirt. However it always tends to leave a layer of traffic film on the car.  I've always accepted that having a snow foam that is LSP safe is never going to remove everything.

Greig off total mini has been raving about actimousse xls for the past couple of months and I tried it on the mini last week and was absolutely blown away by it.  So, I thought today I'd take a few pics as the golf has covered 500 miles since its last wash and is covered in salt and grit and being black, you cant hide the dirt;)

Here are some before pics (sorry if there are too many  :laugh:)

As you can see, very dirty...

I then put 1.5" of actimousse in the foam lance and topped up with hot water. Car was then foamed and left to dwell for 10 mins.  It isn't the thickest of snow foam but dwells long enough to drag all the dirt off the paint.  Note, I didn't apply on the wheels as it says might not be okay on single stage paints and some wheels.  As these are diamond cut and susceptible to corrosion, I'm not risking it and they were washed a few days back anyway.

5 mins after application

I then jetwashed off as normal and as you can see, it's pretty much completely clean:clap:

And then a few finished pics.  Looking forward to the warmer weather and getting the detailing gear out :smiley:

So in conclusion, if you're a fan of magifoam it's time to try this :laugh:

Ryan

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Autosmart Actimousse XLS test/review
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:52:23 pm »
That's impressive!

Where can it be purchased?

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:57:22 pm »
That's impressive!

Where can it be purchased?

Officially you can only buy direct from your local autosmart rep.

I however got mine from this seller on ebay as I had a 1 litre sample bottle to test.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosmart-Actimousse-XLS-touch-free-shampoo-1000ml-NEW-/290778350924?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item43b3bd854c

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »
Thanks mate

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:11:09 pm »
I've been using it for a couple of years & it is very good, especially during the winter months, as a 'no-touch' wash.

I'm coming to the end of my supply & have just got some Espuma activo to try & compare

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »
I've been using it for a couple of years & it is very good, especially during the winter months, as a 'no-touch' wash.

I'm coming to the end of my supply & have just got some Espuma activo to try & compare

What wheels are you running out of interest?  Not sure whether to risk it on the monzas :confused:

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:29:54 pm »

What wheels are you running out of interest?  Not sure whether to risk it on the monzas :confused:

17" Monza's factory finished (painted) over the winter
18" Monza's powder coated (original finish looks great, but just to flimsy) during the summer

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy