Make a donation

Author Topic: Replaced door control unit, rear wiper stops working coincidence????  (Read 355 times)

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
I replaced the door control module a week or so ago and this morning I went to use the rear wiper and nothing happened?  The boot was shut and I've had no other problems?  Is it just coincidence?

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Replaced door control unit, rear wiper stops working coincidence????
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:27:59 pm »
This morning I tried replacing the rear motor unit using a 2nd part from ebay.  However it didnt work therefore I'm starting to think it could be a coding issue as the associated fuse is fine and using a multimeter I can see its recieving a voltage.

Can anyone offer some advice on the coding problem as I have my MOT next week?

Thanks

Rob

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »
I think the MK5 has electrical gremelins.

I've had the rear wiper go on and stay on until restart... countless others have too.

I've had the drivers window descend when requesting it to ascend (no error codes).

I recently swapped the switches out to chrome ones and have a central locking fault code?

I liken it to computer programming; you may find a whole load of errors flagging up, yet it will be 1 underlying issue then all is resolved.

If I was you, I'd get the car scanned, it may flag up some area which isn't obvious.

However, FYII it could well be your switch, the terminals are known for fouling (my cruise control did), you can split the stalk apart with your finger nails and pop the PCB out and clean (assuming it's the same as the cruise stalk)... worth a shot.

Or does a new wiper motor need to be coded in?  Either way, get someone with VCDS to give it the once over. :happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »
There is a check box in vcds for coding to say you've got a rear wiper. I wonder if it's unchecked.
Without traction power is nothing!