Make a donation

Author Topic: Offset Pedals and Bad Back  (Read 9087 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Offset Pedals and Bad Back
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 10:29:59 pm »
Not good news Luke!  :surprised:

I had a problem with my Focus ST. Aggravated an old Sciatica pain for weeks until I twigged it was the car! Glad to say I have had no such troubles in the manual R!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:45 pm »
Did not realise this is such an issue, although only have driven golf's (and current one is DSG) in my relatively short time of driving.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 07:31:17 am »
Got a brand new 3 series turning up end of the month, and I drive 30k per year....slightly concerned now a I do suffer with lower back pain from time to time :confused:

I'd consider going to sit in a few and get a 24 hour test drive and drive it non stop before signing on the line. It won't effect everyone, but if you have a history of lower back ache, it's a sure fire way of aggregating it.

Sadly not an option as its company policy and we all have to drive a 3 series, and with nobody else complaining in the fleet I would not be able to change to a different vehicle.

Fingers crossed........

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:23:58 am »

I had a problem with my Focus ST. Aggravated an old Sciatica pain for weeks until I twigged it was the car! Glad to say I have had no such troubles in the manual R!

Was that the ultimate reason for getting shot of the ST Nathan?

Oh well, the A3 Black Edition is in metallic black and it will look stunning once you guys have worked your magic on it instead of the BMW. It is absolutely gutting though, the BMW was a fantastic machine otherwise.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:35 am »

Was that the ultimate reason for getting shot of the ST Nathan?

Oh well, the A3 Black Edition is in metallic black and it will look stunning once you guys have worked your magic on it instead of the BMW. It is absolutely gutting though, the BMW was a fantastic machine otherwise.

That and I fancied a DSG.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 05:13:07 pm »
Just changed from a 120d coupe to a mk5 Ed30 and one of the first things i noticed is how much more comfortable the driving position and seats are. If you don't have lumbar support in a 1 or 3 series, prepare for a sore back.

Had my 3 series touring a few weeks now and 2 weeks ago undertook a 1017 mile journey, felt fine afterwards and I am 6'3", no problems so far, dont think it affects everyone?
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 05:26:54 pm »
Just changed from a 120d coupe to a mk5 Ed30 and one of the first things i noticed is how much more comfortable the driving position and seats are. If you don't have lumbar support in a 1 or 3 series, prepare for a sore back.

Had my 3 series touring a few weeks now and 2 weeks ago undertook a 1017 mile journey, felt fine afterwards and I am 6'3", no problems so far, dont think it affects everyone?

Absolutely, there are a crap load of BMWs on the road. The bigger the BMW, the less offset the pedals too.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:43 pm »
It will be doing a 2021 mile round trip in 4 weeks (although im only doing half the driving) to Austria, Pistes here I come!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:14:11 pm »
Try driving a 70's 911 - the pedals are in the door pocket.

Once I'd stopped hovering over the clutch and used the footrest, I didn't really notice the offset.
Sideways yo!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 11:05:44 pm »
Like I said, offset pedals aren't noticed by many and most of those that even notice won't be affected by it.

I used cruise and the foot rest where possible. But I still couldn't put up with the agony.  :sad1: