Make a donation

Author Topic: will ebay side with me?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
will ebay side with me?
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:27 pm »
the basics.

also if your the ebay member that sold me this just give me the f***ing refund and stop being a twit.

bought a highline of ebay, used. phot showed highline, serial number in description was for highline and item marked as immaculate condition.

received in poat a midline with broken slips and the petrol gauge stuck at a quater gauge so almost certain its broken anyway.

emailed seller whos refused to offer refund and then offered me 25% then 20% then a tenner. 10 aint gunna cut the cheddar on this one.

he deliberatly sent me a.midline knowing id bought a highline he even said hed taken the picture of the highline and now apparrntly he doesnt have it and then its his friends whos abroad and so. i said ok ill wait and then you send me the highline and ill return the midline.. oh no mate hell be back in 8-9 months getting maried abroad.. the whole thing reeks of bs.

ultimately i think iv one the highline at such a low price he thought oh iv been done for that ill send them.tuhe midline and hope they dont niotice.

and if you are a member on here poor show. and ithats exactly what i think happened.

so will ebay side with me and make him give me a full refund?

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: will ebay side with me?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:10:45 pm »
Got a link to the ebay ad?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline mtj2k

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 2
  • 1.4 TSi GT
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:16:00 pm »
They got no leg to stand on mate! Open up a dispute; it'll take a while to get an outcome but based on pics / description & deliberately mis-sold item, you will win hands down.  :fighting2:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »
Did you pay using Paypal as the sale was a misrepresentation of the goods on offer so you should get a refund.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »
ebay always side with buyer.  You'll be fine. 

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 02:37:42 pm »

If you paid with PayPal, they'll refund you within 24hours of opening a case.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »
They will only refund you when you prove he has received the goods back (Send it back recorded delivery, altho if he refuses it your in a sticky situ), you need to open "Item not as described" case and state you want refund and are willing to return it.

Would help if you upload pictures of ebay items with serial number and also a picture of the item he sent with serial number, that way the Monkeys at paypal will handle it correctly.

Been selling on Ebay since 2001 (When it was a much better place!)
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 02:58:11 pm »
some sellers are a bit stupid and dont realise that when you are selling and buying on ebay, you are playing by the rulebook just as you are if buying from a shop.

Under a certain sales of good act , if the item isnt as described, eBay will back you.

good luck mate.

PS: if its a diesel you got, i have a highline cluster thats coming out my car soon, Will be up for sale on here so keep an eye out if interested.

Offline bakili

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 01:49:39 pm »
I recently bought pressed plates. First they were send to different person but after week finally got them. Looked pretty good quality, so left seller positive feedback. Couple weeks later yellow areas on rear plate start lifting, after while washing with hose pipe few letters just washed off. Contacted seller and he never got back to me. Opened dispute, couple days later full refund given by eBay and did not have to send plates back.
Open dispute ASAP, eBay will be on your side.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 04:21:56 pm »
thanks all for good info. taken photos of item all the main points i.e. screen damaged clips fuel gauge and swrial number and also screenshot all the ebay listing. opened a dispute seller offered a tenner with the whole this is the best i can do im paying you out my own pocket (dispite me paying theyre paypal account) . replied with full refund only accepted so itll go to the next stage now with ebay to decide on outcome.

can anyone cofirm whether the item is likely to be broken as the petrol gauge isnt on the 0 mark its showing two lines off red i was lead to believe when clusters are removed or even the ignition is turned off all the dials go to 0 so i dont see how or why the petrol gauge isnt.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »
Link?

You will be fine, open a case

As said above they always side with the buyer, even if they are in the wrong.
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides