Make a donation

Author Topic: Forum Mega-Meet at GTI Inters.....  (Read 50478 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Forum Mega-Meet at GTI Inters.....
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
Noooooo. Not little old me.  :love:

Not been for a few years now.  :ashamed:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2013, 10:11:14 pm »

PS Mandy, sorry for being a dozy tw*t on the phone wandering into your way when you'd just arrived this morning!  :ashamed:
Lol, I remember now, nearly ran you over... or you nearly walked into my car? :signLOL:

Good day today and very hot, took us a while to find the club stand lol, drove up and down a few times (plus nearly ran Mike over). Nice to meet some new faces, missed a few people eg Stealthwolf, Thor, GarethB... Tried to talk to Nathan but he was too busy drroling over the mk2 golf so left him to it. Gave SteveP a wave and Hurdy as he was in the sprint queue.

Took some pics, not sure how many belong to people on here...

Last but not least, bendy! :grin:

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2013, 10:13:32 pm »
Thanks Mandy  :grin:

I was a bit chilli in that last pic................

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:57 pm »
Saw your car when we went over for a nosey at the club stand and it looked superb buddy!  :congrats:

Thanks but that car is 90% your work.  :wink: Did find there was a bit of hologramming with autofinesse desire - don't think I left it long enough to cure.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:50 pm »
Stealthwolf- where were you hiding? Didn't notice you or your car... Were you in proper stealth mode lol. :laugh:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2013, 10:43:43 pm »
Stealthwolf- where were you hiding? Didn't notice you or your car... Were you in proper stealth mode lol. :laugh:

I found him polishing on the MK5 club stand. I don't know who organised it or whether it was just fate, but the RForum lot were next to the MK5 stand.

Great day, a bit too hot for me and even though lots of sun cream was applied I still have a head like a ripe tomato!!

Lots of sweet cars there today and from what I've heard it was a lot livelier than Saturday. The strip was good but the launch area surface was slower than the Pod. Add the heat into the equation and yet again all the times were down apart from a few big bhp exceptions.

Very happy to see a lot of fellow forumites today and a few ex forumites too. :happy2:

The few things that disappointed me was the dustyness of the site and the hell that was long sleeves and helmets. Just to add insult to injury there was a 40 minute rolling traffic jam to get through Stratford on Avon. :fighting:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2013, 10:45:04 pm »
EPIC day today. Some great 1/4 mile runs (got a video of Hurdy's R  :drool:)

Video .......yeshhhhh please.  :jumping:
Golf R gone.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2013, 10:54:35 pm »

I found him polishing on the MK5 club stand. I don't know who organised it or whether it was just fate, but the RForum lot were next to the MK5 stand.

Great day, a bit too hot for me and even though lots of sun cream was applied I still have a head like a ripe tomato!!

Lots of sweet cars there today and from what I've heard it was a lot livelier than Saturday. The strip was good but the launch area surface was slower than the Pod. Add the heat into the equation and yet again all the times were down apart from a few big bhp exceptions.

Very happy to see a lot of fellow forumites today and a few ex forumites too. :happy2:

The few things that disappointed me was the dustyness of the site and the hell that was long sleeves and helmets. Just to add insult to injury there was a 40 minute rolling traffic jam to get through Stratford on Avon. :fighting:

Long sleeves and helmets?????  WTF?????  :laugh:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2013, 11:13:26 pm »
Have a look here:clicky

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2013, 11:19:35 pm »
They are all in the APR garage being rebuilt Lee.....  :popcornsoda:

He jest's! I've heard stories tho :p

Think ill come up with my lot next year. Best book time off now!!

What stories? Do tell  :popcornsoda:

Haha, I will speak to my story teller first as just saying ID's him easily! :D
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »

PS Mandy, sorry for being a dozy tw*t on the phone wandering into your way when you'd just arrived this morning!  :ashamed:
Lol, I remember now, nearly ran you over... or you nearly walked into my car? :signLOL:

Good day today and very hot, took us a while to find the club stand lol, drove up and down a few times (plus nearly ran Mike over). Nice to meet some new faces, missed a few people eg Stealthwolf, Thor, GarethB... Tried to talk to Nathan but he was too busy drroling over the mk2 golf so left him to it. Gave SteveP a wave and Hurdy as he was in the sprint queue.

Took some pics, not sure how many belong to people on here...

:happy2:

Me with aircon on full, also to cover my arms stole the girlfriends cardigan, alot better than my jumper i had. Best replace it seen as though the seams have now burst  :signLOL:

I did come over to the stand late on, as i got stuck on the strip all morning. I ran a 14.46 best time from my 5 runs.

mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2013, 11:38:33 pm »
I spoke to Saint Steve briefly as he left and spoke to Thor and Hurdy for a bit in the sprint queue. Also saw Stealth driving off in the middle of the afternoon. I parked up in the R32 stand which won club stand of the day.

:pomppomp:

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:35 am »
Was a good but hot day , spoke to Saint Steve on the stand while I was polishing my car (white 3 door , Y plate) after arrival , sorry if I didnt introduce myself , I wasnt being ignorant I'm just a bit shy lol , i didnt dind it as good as bruntingthorpe , im not really fussed about the sprint , Im more of a show n shine man me , so the fact that the surface is better means nowt to me - shame the show n shine cars couldnt be on the hardstanding that the autojumble was on... Maybe next year?
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2013, 08:25:45 am »
End of day shot.

Loads of cars coming and going on our stand throughout the day!  :happy2:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:09:38 pm by mvb12 »
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2013, 08:46:31 am »
Great show, but i do agree it was missing somthing that Bruntingthorpe had, There always used to be a real buzz but now it just felt a bit empty, Maybe beacause everthing was to far spread out.

Caught up with a few people but my car spent the day int the car park.