Make a donation

Author Topic: Just sold the Ed35, RS3 incoming.......  (Read 25388 times)

Offline Shabba168

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Just sold the Ed35, RS3 incoming.......
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »
mapped RS3 = Warped rotors........

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

That engines been keeping my kids in nappies for two years.   :signLOL:

No re-map necessary, I think its fast enough already :happy2:

So you won't be coming to see me then?

Is that Daytona grey. I love grey cars

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »
Yes, Daytona Grey.  And Im erasing Portland from my sat nav   :wink:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2013, 10:41:36 pm »
Oli - Can I make a deal with you then?

When If you do end up getting it mapped, your punishment will be to give me the keys for a day at the Pod..  :driver: Deal?  :signLOL:

Think it would be wise to wait on a remap for a such new RS3 (Glad I've held off on having mine done) as there seem to have been quite a few problems mine is in at the moment due to a faulty injector causing internal damage heard of a couple of Propshaft failures, Complete New Engine and another with A New Gearbox needed plus there seem to have been a couple of guys rejecting there cars after a couple of months.

Sounds like Audi are reserving all Friday build slots for the rs3. The TTRS seem to be ok on the whole, only a few hardcore drivers have needed props, gearboxes and rear diffs, but that's remapped Santa pod damage.

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »

I can imagine - they really don't like track work, which is disappointing considering their diameter. I had a short go in a friend's car, and the brakes were making a din (was much louder in person, than the go-pro picks up)!

t=69s

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2013, 11:09:22 pm »
The squeaky brakes is a known issue that I've read about. 'Apparently' Audi have a cure coming out soon.......I won't hold my breath.

Does the RS3 have the same brakes as a TTRS ? And does the TTRS have the same issues? poverty?
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=na27hen9lrsr06nn8mt8043cq9&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:34 pm »

I can imagine - they really don't like track work, which is disappointing considering their diameter. I had a short go in a friend's car, and the brakes were making a din (was much louder in person, than the go-pro picks up)!

t=69s

That noise is hideous!!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »
The squeaky brakes is a known issue that I've read about. 'Apparently' Audi have a cure coming out soon.......I won't hold my breath.

Does the RS3 have the same brakes as a TTRS ? And does the TTRS have the same issues? poverty?

The stock brakes suck, throw them in the bin. The 345mm golfr/r32/Cupra brakes are better than what's fitted to the RS. Atleast they can handle the abuse.

As for the squeal, it doesn't bother me, but its always a big thing on the forums. Personally I think there are better things in life to worry about.

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2013, 12:08:45 am »

Got the dreaded squeak on my RS3 and had it on my TT-RS Audi have been fixing it for years doesn't bother me as the Engine noise more than makes up for it  :signLOL:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=261666&p=2225620&hilit=squeaky+brakes#p2225620
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2013, 07:29:47 am »
Its the design of the TTRS and RS3 discs. Imvho its the attempts at weight saving and thickness that causes the problem.

Audi need to look at rotor design very closely, they either need to bite the bullet and throw some mass at the problem and account for it in some other part of the suspension or come up with something trick.

A stage 1 TTRS/RS3 is capable of end straight speeds of 170mph and a dash speed of 150 its a big ask for a set of road pads and mass produced discs.

The RS3 discs are different and have a bigger offset than the TTRS which compounds the problem.

The squeal problem and fix that AUDI have come up with isn't that at all its some shims that have been fitted to EVOs and DB9s for 10 years or more, they need fitting on new discs to guarantee they work though. Audi are resisting it as the cost of the recall is 300 times the cost of the components they intend to install.

Its a shame the cost of the AP stuff is what it is, fact is there's little else out there that works if anything..

plus the cost of TTRS/RS3 pads is bloody shameful £250 for those pads is well out of order, the Pagid Blues retail for less but there's little point fitting them to a stock disc as they simply have no headroom for temp

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2013, 09:14:42 am »
Dave, out of interest, and slightly off topic, but are there any performance cars that come with very good brakes as standard? I know the brakes on the M3 came in for criticism for a long time, and seemingly Audi aren't fitting particularly good brakes to the RS cars...

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2013, 09:19:56 am »
Dave, out of interest, and slightly off topic, but are there any performance cars that come with very good brakes as standard? I know the brakes on the M3 came in for criticism for a long time, and seemingly Audi aren't fitting particularly good brakes to the RS cars...

would be intersted to hear your view on this too Dave
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:05 pm »

Lotus Exige.  :star:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2013, 12:40:28 pm »
Renault RS Clio/Megane.

For something with only a baby 4-pot Brembo and a solid disc, I could stand on mine all day on track with no problems. I once did just shy of an hour in one go at Oulton, something I had to throw a lot of money at the MK5's brakes to achieve.

Always be on the right pads and get as much cooling as you can to them. If that fails, buy something else.
Sideways yo!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »

Lotus Exige.  :star:

Thats only because it's lighter than an Egg box!  :P

Offline Neiltdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 8
  • Full Hex+CAN
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »
just seen the RS3 in the flesh looks lovely!
Full Hex+CAN in Hampshire.