Make a donation

Author Topic: Storm Developments  (Read 7569 times)

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
Re: Storm Developments
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:35:44 am »
Dazm on the r32 forum has a storm super charger fitted to his car for a few years now with no trouble at all
Thats what I go on,loads of members have had work done but no bad feedback.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »
Dazm on the r32 forum has a storm super charger fitted to his car for a few years now with no trouble at all

:congrats: absolutely, I'm very happy with them.

It would seem that some on here have little else to do but try and cynically pick holes in posts to try and cast a shadow over tuners who are not as well established on this forum. It would seem that Storm are very highly regarded in other VAG communities. If you took a visit to there facility, you'd realise that the suggestion that they don't know what they are doing is laughable.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Dv21

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 02:20:23 pm »

:congrats: absolutely, I'm very happy with them.

It would seem that some on here have little else to do but try and cynically pick holes in posts to try and cast a shadow over tuners who are not as well established on this forum. It would seem that Storm are very highly regarded in other VAG communities. If you took a visit to there facility, you'd realise that the suggestion that they don't know what they are doing is laughable.
Well said  :congrats:

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 02:25:52 pm »
Their building my engine. After 12 months research and speaking to all the other possibilities out there it was a no brainer.You notice they don't shout about what they do. That's because they don't have too.

With any business your always have 1 customer not 100% happy but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Offline oak_grun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 02:43:46 pm »
Good for all who have had a good experience with Storm.

I personally would NEVER use them again. They had my old Mk2 1.8t for over 2 months, didn't do the work that was agreed/promised and started making excuses...in the end i just went and collected my car....the re- map i was assured they could do they could not as they couldn't read my ecu or so they said!

it was ok when they took payment in return for work to be carried out but it never was fully completed.I got the car back with a puddle of water in the glovebox!

What comes round, goes round!! I'm not bitter! :fighting:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:51:59 pm by oak_grun »

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 04:08:14 pm »
The lads at storm are a good bunch, we work closely with their software tech (Tim) on a daily basis.

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »
The lads at storm are a good bunch, we work closely with their software tech (Tim) on a daily basis.

What he said i have also met Tim and he's an excellent and knowledgeable guy when it comes to remaps expecially vags

Offline oak_grun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 04:33:55 pm »
Just to clarify, Tim did not work there at the time of my dealings!

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 05:32:01 pm »

So the op asked about Storm and you said not to use them but they have different staff now from when you had a bad experiance ?

Offline oak_grun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »

So the op asked about Storm and you said not to use them but they have different staff now from when you had a bad experiance ?

He is a new addition by all accounts. The same people still run the business.

I had heard very goods things about them myself, but personal experience was VERY different!

Each to their own however I would never recommend them!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 08:00:45 pm »
Their building my engine. After 12 months research and speaking to all the other possibilities out there it was a no brainer.You notice they don't shout about what they do. That's because they don't have too.

With any business your always have 1 customer not 100% happy but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

:congrats:

And this thread is a case in point. 8 really positive comments regarding Storm, 1 negative (screaming blue murder as is also usually the case).

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »
I can thoroughly recommend these guys. Andy, Alex and Tim are all complete VW enthusiasts who love their work. I'm going there two weeks today actually.

Some of the cars they work on there are absolutely mental! All sorts of top-end RS Audis, Porsche and VW are usually on site. They do a lot of supercharging of the 4.2 V8, and have worked on loads of TFSi & TSI engined cars. They have a 700bhp Mk1 Audi S3 with the 2.5 TTRS engine!

I had a PDT map on my old car which was done at Storm, and I still get to drive it. It's a fantastic map, delivering power smoothly yet progressively throughout the rev range. This car is wonderful to drive, and the map was only £300!

I then got my new car and had one of Storm's own maps on this one, and again the car felt superb to drive. However, when I went back for a free update they wanted to give me, the ECU had a hissy fit, and i had to go for a Revo map instead, which is also very good, if a little aggressive in comparison to the smooth delivery of the other 2. But this was £600, and if you don't need the switcheability between stock, anti-theft, and 3 different performance settings, Isn't really worth paying double in my opinion.

To start with, these guys can provide you with an excellent Stage 1 map for a really good price, and will then offer you advice on further upgrades based on what's best for you and your particular car rather than what's best for lining their pockets.

Its not a TTRS/rs3 engine.

But yeah nice guys

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »

And this thread is a case in point. 8 really positive comments regarding Storm, 1 negative (screaming blue murder as is also usually the case).

But if you start a thread asking for peoples experiences with a certain tuner, then why crab about it when someone gives a negative one?  :confused:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 09:00:49 pm »
I can thoroughly recommend these guys. Andy, Alex and Tim are all complete VW enthusiasts who love their work. I'm going there two weeks today actually.

Some of the cars they work on there are absolutely mental! All sorts of top-end RS Audis, Porsche and VW are usually on site. They do a lot of supercharging of the 4.2 V8, and have worked on loads of TFSi & TSI engined cars. They have a 700bhp Mk1 Audi S3 with the 2.5 TTRS engine!

I had a PDT map on my old car which was done at Storm, and I still get to drive it. It's a fantastic map, delivering power smoothly yet progressively throughout the rev range. This car is wonderful to drive, and the map was only £300!

I then got my new car and had one of Storm's own maps on this one, and again the car felt superb to drive. However, when I went back for a free update they wanted to give me, the ECU had a hissy fit, and i had to go for a Revo map instead, which is also very good, if a little aggressive in comparison to the smooth delivery of the other 2. But this was £600, and if you don't need the switcheability between stock, anti-theft, and 3 different performance settings, Isn't really worth paying double in my opinion.

To start with, these guys can provide you with an excellent Stage 1 map for a really good price, and will then offer you advice on further upgrades based on what's best for you and your particular car rather than what's best for lining their pockets.

Its not a TTRS/rs3 engine.

But yeah nice guys

What is it then? I thought Alex said it was from the TTRS?

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »

But if you start a thread asking for peoples experiences with a certain tuner, then why crab about it when someone gives a negative one?  :confused:

Er, I didn't start the thread  :confused: