Make a donation

Author Topic: Ecu update  (Read 2032 times)

northyracing

Ecu update
« on: March 10, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »
Does anyone know if there was any standard ECU updates from VW for a 55 plate axx engine car. If so could this be my weird lumpy idle on my car as I have changed everything else that could cause the lumpy idle

Type_R

Re: Ecu update
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:06:55 pm »
Does anyone know if there was any standard ECU updates from VW for a 55 plate axx engine car. If so could this be my weird lumpy idle on my car as I have changed everything else that could cause the lumpy idle

My AXX went through about two or three ECU updates from new all within the first 2 years of servicing. I would check with VW if they have been applied. Since my remap I haven't had any updates to the ECU.

northyracing

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
Could a faulty map be causing the lumpy idle that I am getting

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:13 pm »

It won't be.

Get someone with a Vw diagnostic tool on your car.  Will help you a great deal rather then clutching now at straws.

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:21:57 pm »
Probably not as the maps don't change themselves, but software updates can fix things. Plug into vagcom and post a print screen of the engine page.

northyracing

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:58:07 pm »

It won't be.

Get someone with a Vw diagnostic tool on your car.  Will help you a great deal rather then clutching now at straws.
I had someone with a snap on diagnostics plug it in and says everything is running as it should only thing he wasn't sure on was if MAF was reading ok or too low it was 0.2 and once revved up was about 22 I believe

Saintsteve

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 05:37:53 pm »

It won't be.

I had someone with a snap on diagnostics plug it in and says everything is running as it should only thing he wasn't sure on was if MAF was reading ok or too low it was 0.2 and once revved up was about 22 I believe

Use a Vagcom version. Snap on ones I'm guessing don't have as much search tools ...?

Find someone on the VCDS register on here in the VCDS section, if you won't take it to a VW dealer.
I'm sure you will get help :happy2:

northyracing

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 06:13:08 pm »
I will try the search and see if I can find one in the Berkshire area what's the going rate to have it plugged into vagcom

northyracing

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »
Is there a good chance the vcds will find my problem

Saintsteve

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »
Is there a good chance the vcds will find my problem
Yes

northyracing

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »
Couldn't see anyone in the Berkshire area on the list

Saintsteve

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 08:03:41 pm »
Couldn't see anyone in the Berkshire area on the list
Your not looking very hard. I know 3 guys in your near area that have vcds and in your county or near as.  Hedge and Cmdrfire for starters.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:21:56 pm by Saintsteve »

northyracing

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:13 pm »
Sorry bit awkward I was looking on my phone lol I couldn't see Berkshire on the list unless I was looking in the wrong place lol

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:58 pm »
I have a few friends with vagcom in that area, give me a shout on the number below