Make a donation

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 3893 times)

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »
Sounds promising :)

Offline Waynevr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:42 am »
Yes, I must say that so far I've been very impressed by arnold clarks service with warranty, just waiting on a courtesy car now.

Offline Waynevr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 10:55:14 am »
Well just to update this, my car has yet again let me down due to the oil pressure warning light. It happened again in October, the garage had my car for 5 weeks and then said they thought it might have been 'chipped' i know i have never chipped it but how do I prove this. All seemed to be going well again until Friday night when I took the misses out and it happened again! I have spoken to the garage but the manager will not return my calls.
Do I have a leg to stand on? Really not happy as it has had the same oil pressure warning 5 times in a year.

I have also asked on numerous occasions for a breakdown of what repairs have been carried out on each occasion but they just keep fobbing me off.

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 11:21:30 am »
They have to sell a car that's fit for purpose, if it's not fit for purpose they are obliged to give you a refund. It's the law.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/faulty_goods_e/what_is_meant_by_goods_not_fit_for_purpose.htm

If the oil light keeps coming on, that would be an MOT fail, correct? Therefore it can't be fit for use on a road  :happy2:

Iirc that stands for 6 years from purchase...?
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline Pukeylukey

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 11:25:49 am »
I had a similar problem with my gti after about a week of ownership. The oil pressure warning light came on when I was on the motorway. Got the aa to take it to my local vw garage where they replaced the sump oil pick up. I bought the car from evans Halshaw in Preston and they paid the bill under my warranty. When I got the car back it was ok when cold but once it got up to temp it sounded like a diesel. Evans Halshaw got the car checked out by lookers Vw in Preston who said it was ok. I wasn't happy so I took it back to Hadwins Vw at lindale who by chance had some master tech visiting who said the car would get louder and louder until it went bang. Evans wouldn't pay the 8k Hadwins wanted for a new engine so the car went back to them and I luckily got my money back. What I've learnt know is the diesel noise might have been the cam chain. Anyway it was a stressful experience so I hope you get it sorted!
2006 GT TDI 170

Mk5 GTI DSG 05 sold
Mk5 GT TDI 140 04 sold

Offline Waynevr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 11:46:16 am »
The car passed its mot with no advisories last month, the problem happens every 3 months without fail, I rang the branch 3 times yesterday and the manager wouldn't speak to me so in the end i just left a message with the recepsionist to let him know enough is enough and I want a refund. Do I have a leg to stand on? They are saying their engineering company say its been chipped, is there any way I can prove it not or has not been while i have owned it?

Sorry for all the ranting! Im mega frustrated thats all

Offline Waynevr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:41 am »
Just to add that I have owned the car for 13 months and they have had it back in for repairs for over 4 months of that time all for the same oil pressure warning.

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 11:51:43 am »
Go to citizens advice, threaten with small claims court... They'll soon back paddle when they know that you're switched on, they're just trying to bully you away!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:56:55 am by Marc-5-GTI »

Offline Waynevr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »
I just spoke to their sales manager, absolutely clueless! So as I was getting no where with him i just asked what would he do with a car which he paid 10 grand for that has been in the garage for repairs fleas long as it had been in his possession? Needless to say he fobbed me off again saying i had to speak to their service manager tomorrow.

Offline Hoggy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »
Take the car in to their forecourt, park as close to the door as you can and refuse to leave until the manager speaks to you. I'd be fuming it was me!

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:34 pm »
Go in when it's busy with customers and purposely talk loud about how they sold you a lemon make sure potential customers hear what's happened to you.. They'll soon speak  :happy2:

Offline Waynevr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 01:22:25 pm »
The branch is 100 miles away from me but I have booked Thursday & Friday off work so if something isn't sorted by then I will be going down, knowing my luck i will probably get arrested for breaking the peace or some sh*te.

Is there any way that I can prove that my car has not been chipped in my ownership? As they are claiming that this is now the reason as their contract engineers told them so. I thought that they mapped the edition 30 not chipped as in older cars.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 01:59:17 pm »
To be fair, and knowing car dealers, I'd have taken the refund way back then. Anything dealers say but isn't written down in quadruple and with the top copy in your possession, second copy with your solicitor, third copy with God, and they may keep the fourth copy is a lie.

Trading standards mate, or citizens advice.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline greygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 04:03:00 pm »
Something very similar happened to me , but the bottom end was knocking like fook by the time I got home ( no oil light showing) - you need to look on the citizens advise website,you'll need to have 2 separate independant reports doing on the car and engine from 2 separate garages- I used vw and Bosch service center

If they both find similar or the same faults you'll have a strong case for a full refund off Arnold Clark , if the engine is damaged again me personally I'd get a refund instead of another repair you've already give more than enough chances to sort it

Also if they get arsey about the whole "chipping" bullsh*t ask them to prove you've had it done in your time of ownership , if they can't they haven't got a leg to stand on really and ask them if there engineers knew it was "chipped" why didn't they reflash the ECU back to standards settings ??
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:12:53 pm by greygti »

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 04:14:03 pm »
Also if they get arsey about the whole "chipping" bullsh*t ask them to prove you've had it done in your time of ownership , if they can't they haven't got a leg to stand on really and ask them if there engineers knew it was "chipped" why didn't they reflash the ECU back to standards settings ??

This, it works both ways!

As I said before, they're just trying to bully you..