Make a donation

Author Topic: Please help. Fault codes after Cam belt change  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Please help. Fault codes after Cam belt change
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:39:38 pm »
His guys I could really do with some help. I have an edy 62000 miles.

I had the cam belt and service done at awesome gti. I have bought loads from them so I presumed the work would be good. They Ran it out of fuel on the bypass, I admit it was low but they could have just asked me to go grab some more fuel.

They did the work, which was fine I presumed. but a day later my engine warning light came on, this obviously worried me. I got a diagnostic on the car and I have 4 fault codes. P0441 (evap incorrect flow) P0100 (maf incorrect flow) P1250 (fuel level too low) P310b (fuel pressure low)

I have rung them but they seem to think the work has not caused it. Mildly irritating. I don't know what to do now and who to take it too as awesome is 50 miles away from me. I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks guys
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Please help. Fault codes after Cam belt change
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »
I guess you have done the right thing in giving awesome the chance to fix the problem, but they don't want to know or can't fix it?
I would take it to vw for a diagnostic and repair, if fully itemised report suggests awesome were at fault, i would seek some compensation from them.
I would not take it to another indy, although that might be cheaper, as you could end up with them messing something else up & blaming each other (that was how my MK4 died at the hands of two indy's not knowing what they were doing or making mistakes.)
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder