Make a donation

Author Topic: Thinking of have stage 1  (Read 6617 times)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: Thinking of have stage 1
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 03:52:08 pm »
Pay peanuts, Pay twice... Get a decent reputable map from someone who knows what they're doing, otherwise you'll be on here again, asking why it broke/why it's not running right etc. and wishing you'd heeded our advice...

My advice is don;t do it, it's the start of a very slippery slope! :grin:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »
How much is an r tech remap the map I am looking at is an elite remap as a mate of mine has now got all the stuff to mobile map now and is going to charge me £200

R-Tech is around £250

Mobile remaps are generic maps which aren't configured to your car, no data logging or fault finding before hand. It's not what you want on your pride & joy really. .

They won't know what to do if you have problems. mobile remaps are a way of making a fast buck by changing a few factors in the map to give more power without giving it any proper development

For an extra £50 go to a tuner recommended on the forum, don't just look for the cheapest option. . .
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:36:59 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Ducky76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 04:48:58 pm »
Deffo research the tuner before I had my gti mapped just pluged in there you go so 240 bhp and a week later it rolling roaded at 225 there was no per checks just plugged in so after I went 2 a good garage/ tuners shark and got boost leeks sorted new throttle flap motor and stage 2 done 245 with 380nm and prob be aware you don't just get 240 stage1 260 stage 2 cars vary and so does power delivery and torque between tuners just my 2 penneth

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 04:59:39 pm »
IF I didn't live so far away from civilization I would go to R-Tech for that money, be silly not to with all the positive reviews.

northyracing

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »
The bloke I no does a full fault check first. But Before i gets my car mapped got to find out why I am getting the lumpy idle as its not good having the map done and still running rough

Saintsteve

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »
Another vote for Nick and Ben at Rtech. I'm going up in April and switching to one of nick's TIV maps

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »
The bloke I no does a full fault check first. But Before i gets my car mapped got to find out why I am getting the lumpy idle as its not good having the map done and still running rough

You can lead a horse to water. . . .  :ashamed:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »
Another vote for Nick and Ben at Rtech. I'm going up in April and switching to one of nick's TIV maps

Let us know what the outcome is. . . perhaps a "Product review" - with a comparison to Superchips after you have put a few miles on?  :happy2:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:34 pm »

Let us know what the outcome is. . . perhaps a "Product review" - with a comparison to Superchips after you have put a few miles on?  :happy2:

I'd like to read that... wonder if the words "Night & Day" come into it...  :signLOL:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline njdudsbury

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 10:55:23 pm »
A few have mentioned clutches, does it knacker it quick?

Saintsteve

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 07:04:02 am »

Oh I will  :happy2:

I'd like to read that... wonder if the words "Night & Day" come into it...  :signLOL:

I'm not so sure, but will give my honest thoughts  :driver:

Offline ell.s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 02:44:31 pm »
Another vote for Nick at R-tech, my car made more power and torque than a mates with the same mods and a revo map. We both also agree my car drives better than the same car with a revo map the power is a lot smoother and torquey. So in short GET TO R-TECH!

Saintsteve

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »
Another vote for Nick at R-tech, my car made more power and torque than a mates with the same mods and a revo map. We both also agree my car drives better than the same car with a revo map the power is a lot smoother and torquey. So in short GET TO R-TECH!

Interesting  :party:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »

Interesting  :party:

That result is exactly what I'd expect. Niki is one of the best mappers out there and tailors each map to your individual vehicle and driving style  :notworthy:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:17:29 pm by GrayMK5GTI »

Offline ell.s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:06 pm »

Interesting  :party:

That result is exactly what I'd expect. Niki is one of the best mappers out there and tailors each map to your individual vehicle and driving style  :notworthy:

I won't go anywhere else now, excellent service at a great price :happy2:my car made 260bhp 310ftlb on stage one with a neuspeed intake and the precat gone.