Make a donation

Author Topic: My new project - now with piccies  (Read 13663 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: My new project - now with piccies
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 12:04:01 pm »
I think that GIAC also do an extreme plus map, but I think this is more like a stage 3 map!  :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »
There will be very little in it between an Extreme map and the new stage 2 GIAC maps. The Extreme map is an older version of the stage 2+ map that is based on the larger MAF housing of the VF intake and uses MAF scaling in the map to work out what the engine needs in terms of fuelling etc. IIRC the VF intake is 70mm inside diameter and the std MAF internal diameter is 62mm?

The maps roughly produce the same results and both have a pump version (using normal 98ron and above) or the race version (using WMI or race fuels)

The race versions can produce even more bhp and lbft  :evilgrin: :innocent:

The stage 3 DSG map ramps things up a little more and the clamping pressure is elevated even more than stage 2 (I specified max pressure possible). Also the gearchanges are even faster at stage 3 than stage 2.  :smiley:

Don't wanna hijack the thread or take things off topic too much (I guess Jussa might have similar questions) but do you know if GIAC can hold multiple maps on the R ECU Hurdy?

I'm going WMI early next year, but probably don't wanna run a Race file all the time. Also, I loved the ability to switch to Stock & Valet on my Cupra. Is there a Race version of the Stage 2 code we're  running currently?
Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »
GIAC do a flashloader similar to Revo's SPS controller. It just stores the maps though and not the ability to alter boost, timing and fueling settings. :smiley:

http://www.giacusa.com/flashloader_handheld.php
Golf R gone.

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »
GIAC do a flashloader similar to Revo's SPS controller. It just stores the maps though and not the ability to alter boost, timing and fueling settings. :smiley:

http://www.giacusa.com/flashloader_handheld.php

Cool. Cheers. I've already got one from my Curpa, just wondered if the R's ECU was capable of switching. I think APR have issues which between maps with the stalk on the R - wondered if GIAC were likely to have the same issues. Will have to get the Stock & Valet maps added  :happy2:

I do like the look of the smart phone app - shame it doesn't work with iOS.

Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 01:17:55 pm »
Guess what the postman just delivered  :jumpmove:

All the way from Greece, even though their economy is $hagged they still managed to ship this to me in a couple of days, so well impressed!!  :happy2:

All booked in with Alex at AKS for next month - distiller water and methanol en route!!!  :party:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 06:35:29 pm »
Mmmmmmmm!

:party: :popcornsoda:
Golf R gone.