Make a donation

Author Topic: dont use this company for parts guys  (Read 1078 times)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
dont use this company for parts guys
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:33:26 pm »

Be carefull with a company called dubmonkeyz
I bought a DRL kit,,, took ages and to cut a long story short i had to get my credit card company to retreive my money.
They have closed down by the looks of it but still have an active web site taking your cash, when you pay through their checkout it goes to some credit card verification site who are reputable AND DO PROTECT YOU so you think you are safe as i have seen this company hundreds of times.
Trouble is the screen flickers when you do this and what you do not realise is that they USED TO use this card verification site when they where ligit, but since closing down they have set it up in a way that it still looks like you are going through the verification, when the screen flickers it is actually disconnecting you from it and dub monkeyz is then getting your cash directly to them.
You think you have just had the sale verified but in reality you dont.
Thankfully i paid by credit card and i got my money back, if it was debit card i might not have.
What utter crooks
here is a link to their site
http://www.dubmonkeyz.co.uk/
this problem was resolved 3 months ago, i dont know if the company is fixed now or it is still the same, they certainly still have an active home page and it is the same pictures on the home page as when i had my problems with them.
At least 12 e-mails and maybe 15 attempts to call them where all blanked.
My credit card company where also unsuccesfull in contacting them,,,, be carefull guys

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
Re: dont use this company for parts guys
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »
 :happy2:

Cheers for the heads up...

Good you got your funds back matey
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:21:11 pm »
Has this flagged with the worldpay or paypal as i'm sure they will interested in this as it's fraud essentially!

World pay seem to be rejecting transaction from them. I'll fire some people who know people who people at Worldpay an email.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:24:34 pm by jonnym »
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:22:20 am »
Has this flagged with the worldpay or paypal as i'm sure they will interested in this as it's fraud essentially!

World pay seem to be rejecting transaction from them. I'll fire some people who know people who people at Worldpay an email.
I cant remember the name of the company that processes the payments, everything looked like it was going through them as normal but my credit card company confirmed that THEY DO use this company for verification on card payments and it is legitimate ( as used by so many other companies ) but they confirmed to me that the transaction on this occasion was not processed through this verification procedure  :confused:, in fact they said they had stopped their association with dubmonkeyz around 3 months before my transaction.
I dont know what's going on with dubz but going by what MBNA said to me and the transaction characteristics added with the fact that even MBNA could not contact the company it looks like they are still collecting peoples cash and it looks like fraud.
I didnt try and get my drl's anywhere else after this as when enquiring about a company or any garage to fit them it soon became clear that in stupid Aberdeen nobody has the know how or skill to do the job, man i tried everywhere, best i got was some electrical garage who said they would give it a try  :confused:
If you want mods done to a car DO NOT BUY A HOUSE IN ABERDEEN / SHIRE ( WITHIN 50 MILE RADIUS YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS )  :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:04:16 am »
Had a feeling of deja vu with this thread and here's why: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55964.0

Thanks for the heads up. Again.