Make a donation

Author Topic: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..  (Read 173413 times)

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2009, 10:08:00 am »
No way a proper gt3076 is hitting full boost that early on a 2L. Very good ones hit 2 bar at 4000rpm (thats with a .82 housing)
What exhaust housing are you using?

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2009, 12:13:00 pm »
No way a proper gt3076 is hitting full boost that early on a 2L. Very good ones hit 2 bar at 4000rpm (thats with a .82 housing)
What exhaust housing are you using?

Surely it depends what boost the car is requesting??.. When he says full boost he will mean requested boost, so probably around 1.7 bar.. Anyways I have no reason to not believe that, and ill have a video of mine soon enough!

Anyways 300rpm difference to what your saying? Could that not just be that the efficiency of the 2.0T FSI (which everyone knows is very good for a stock engine) could be helping things out?

Im not sure what exhaust housing, its the Tial V-Band and I think the .82 (it only looks pretty small)

What have you done to your Evo?
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2009, 01:21:37 pm »
Not trying to be negative bud but on the kits i've used v-band or none v-band never had 2 bar by <4000rpm on a 2L with a .82 housing.There still good for road use though.
Not really sure what you mean by requested boost as i guess you could request 2 bar at any rpm?The fsi engine will behave no differently to any other 2l engine with single scroll turbo kit.

My evo is no where near the budget of your cars jonny,i think you've spent more on a set of alloys than i have on my whole car! :grin:
Just exhaust,filter,turbo,twin pump,injectors,cams,standalone ecu.stock pistons/head etc just shy of 500bhp.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2009, 03:00:24 pm »
Not trying to be negative bud but on the kits i've used v-band or none v-band never had 2 bar by <4000rpm on a 2L with a .82 housing.There still good for road use though.
Not really sure what you mean by requested boost as i guess you could request 2 bar at any rpm?The fsi engine will behave no differently to any other 2l engine with single scroll turbo kit.

My evo is no where near the budget of your cars jonny,i think you've spent more on a set of alloys than i have on my whole car! :grin:
Just exhaust,filter,turbo,twin pump,injectors,cams,standalone ecu.stock pistons/head etc just shy of 500bhp.

Na im just interested lol.. Well we'll have to see, to be honest I can cope with 4k spool, 5k with a 35r would be a bit too high I think to be honest, but im sure that ill be happy enough with it.. Ill have to find out which housing it is that ill be running..

Stock appearing turbo on your Evo? I would love to tune an Evo, just so many options out there for them.. But I just can't get around the image, puts me off.. Such a shame because its a great car!!

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
I am very interested in how yours performs,looks a very good quality kit,i guess only time will tell.Who's mapping it?
RE:Evo ,just a bolt on turbo .Car is old and looks crap but it goes well and is cheap and inherriently good handling due to being based on a race car.
It's not my daily drive just for trackdays and messing about.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2009, 03:55:59 pm »
I am very interested in how yours performs,looks a very good quality kit,i guess only time will tell.Who's mapping it?
RE:Evo ,just a bolt on turbo .Car is old and looks crap but it goes well and is cheap and inherriently good handling due to being based on a race car.
It's not my daily drive just for trackdays and messing about.

Its going to be mapped by Revo, the file will be based on the production Stage 3 software with a couple of adjustments to make the most of the 76 rather than 71 turbo..

Yeah, the kit looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it for myself!

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2009, 04:00:03 pm »
So when do you think it will be up and running? I guess your running the engine in at the mo.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2009, 04:10:42 pm »
So when do you think it will be up and running? I guess your running the engine in at the mo.

Engine should be built within the week.. And by then the turbo kit and clutch/flywheel kit should be with me from the states so we can get on with doing that..

Im hoping that W/C 24th August it should be done.. Then ill need to run it in for a week with a running in map.. Then take a trip down to Revo to have the full map put on and get it dyno'd etc..  :laugh:

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2009, 04:19:41 pm »
If your in nothants at revo you should pop up to leicester.There is a dyno near me.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2009, 04:21:29 pm »
If your in nothants at revo you should pop up to leicester.There is a dyno near me.

Think there is one right near Revo that they use often but thinking about it, it could easily be as far as going to Leicester.. What type of Dyno is it near you?

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2009, 04:33:24 pm »
Dyno Dynamics.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2009, 04:34:54 pm »
Dyno Dynamics.

Seems that they can almost make the figures up with that dyno though! Suppose if the operator knows what there doing then its going to be a very accurate figure though! I had my GTI done on a DD roller, made 300WHP flat..

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2009, 04:41:01 pm »
I tune a fair few cars and there the only one i use ,in shoot 44 the whp figure can be repeated at any other dd dyno within 2/3whp.Let me know when your going to the one revo use and i'll bring my japcrap down if it's 4wd.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2009, 04:44:50 pm »
I tune a fair few cars and there the only one i use ,in shoot 44 the whp figure can be repeated at any other dd dyno within 2/3whp.Let me know when your going to the one revo use and i'll bring my japcrap down if it's 4wd.

Ahh fair play, to be honest, I think they had it on shootout mode when I had the GTI done.. It was at RS Tuning in Leeds..

Cool, ill let you know mate.. Would be a good comparison based on what your car has made in the past etc etc.. Yeah its a 4WD dyno!  :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2009, 06:28:28 pm »
Just bought the N2MB WOT box, this seems like a really nice piece of kit.. Pretty simple but should help the launch and boost recovery enormously..

You can set the launch RPM between 2000 - 13600rpm (dont think ill need the upper range lol) Im thinking 5000rpm set to start with and see how the car launches with that..

And the ignition cut on the shift between 25 and 550ms.. I would expect that a 250ms shift time would be a good start point, but that will just be a case of cutting the time down as much as possible to the point at which its optimized.. (depending on how quickly you can select the gear)

There is also an automatic mode which will allow the ignition cut to be tailored each gear change and power wont be re engaged until the clutch is released.. Probably easier to drive with but im sure there will be a margin left in this, so the shifts wont be as fast

£135 from the states, and by the looks of it a couple of hours to install taking it easy..

If nothing else it will make all the right noises!  :happy2: Im expecting there to be a huge difference..