Make a donation

Author Topic: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..  (Read 173294 times)

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..
« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:21 pm »
Jonny, i just had a quick read through the thread.... The car is an absolute weapon! Out of interest what flat shift setting did you settle for on the wot box?

Thanks mate, yeah im very pleased with it!  :smiley:

I have actually gone back to the automatic setting for now as the gearbox is not fantastic.. For some reason every S3 I have driven has a slow change, don't know why that is but were trying to get to the bottom of it..

Its far less stressful to work with the automatic mode (brings the power back in when the clutch is released) rather than working with a pre determined cut which is too much in some gears and too little in others.. Until we get the box working as I would like it to then ill probably stick with that..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline cupra_k1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2009, 04:53:27 pm »
Excellent, cheers for that mate. Keep up the good work!  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #542 on: November 21, 2009, 07:50:19 am »
Jonny, i just had a quick read through the thread.... The car is an absolute weapon! Out of interest what flat shift setting did you settle for on the wot box?
For some reason every S3 I have driven has a slow change, don't know why that is but were trying to get to the bottom of it..

Could the S3 have a similar system to the E46 M3, which is fitted with a Clutch Delay Valve (CDV)?

It goes in the hydraulic line just before the clutch slave cylinder. It contains a valve mechanism that slows the return of the fluid when you release the pedal.

Dunno, just a thought.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #543 on: November 21, 2009, 01:50:06 pm »
For some reason every S3 I have driven has a slow change, don't know why that is but were trying to get to the bottom of it..

Could the S3 have a similar system to the E46 M3, which is fitted with a Clutch Delay Valve (CDV)?

It goes in the hydraulic line just before the clutch slave cylinder. It contains a valve mechanism that slows the return of the fluid when you release the pedal.

Dunno, just a thought.

Yep, it definately does, but at the moment there is no easy way to get around it because of the size of the lines.. We wanted to sort it out when it was all apart but there wasn't an obvious reliable solution..

I think that would certainly help, and could be the main factor.. The only thing is, all the rest of the cars have it too.. So its something else too  :confused: Hmm..

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #544 on: November 30, 2009, 02:22:53 pm »
Hey all..

So, the S3 is sold..  :laugh: Was never up for sale but had an offer, and that was that!

Didnt want to say anything before now as I got a ear bashing last time I mentioned selling a car.. Couldn't be bothered with that again!

Car is now with its new owner who will be looking after it really well, and seems to love it!!

Ok so I know most of you wont believe it, so ill try and explain my thinking.. For me a BIG proportion of the fun I have with the cars is in the build, so if once the car is built up, and I have an opportunity to move onto the next project, then Ill take it.. Simple as that really..  :happy2:

The new project is already on its way..

I have decided to start again with the ED30 GTI that I have and turn it into an absolute monster.. Its going to be fun! (Again)

So yeah, just thought I would post up and finish this thread up really.. Its been brilliant fun, and a HUGE thanks to all that have been involved..

Andy @ ACR / Phil & Justin @ BSH / The guys at Revo / Peter @ Forge Motorsports / Ollie @ THS and last but by no means least Sam & Matt @ VWR!!

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #545 on: November 30, 2009, 02:29:40 pm »
Easy come - easy go!

Lets hope the new owner looks after a bit better than the previous one

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #546 on: November 30, 2009, 02:30:22 pm »
I was over on VAGOC the other day and got the general jist that the S3 had been sold, thought it was your place to post it though :smiley:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: November 30, 2009, 02:30:42 pm »
Easy come - easy go!

Cheers mate, me too.. He seems a good guy so yeah! Should be looking after it properly this time..  :smiley:

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #548 on: November 30, 2009, 02:31:09 pm »
lets hope the new owner looks after it :driver: cant wait to see the plans come together for the ed30.

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2009, 02:34:18 pm »
Easy come - easy go!

Cheers mate, me too.. He seems a good guy so yeah! Should be looking after it properly this time..  :smiley:

Noooooooo.

Was it the same guy who had it before?

Love the ED30 th Good luck agan!!
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2009, 02:36:47 pm »
Easy come - easy go!

Cheers mate, me too.. He seems a good guy so yeah! Should be looking after it properly this time..  :smiley:

Noooooooo.

Was it the same guy who had it before?

Love the ED30 th Good luck agan!!

Nooo way! lol.. Wouldn't have let it happen.. To be honest, as funny as it sounds, with the way that the sale came about, if I wasn't confident that the new owner would be looking after the car well I wouldn't have sold it! I have put way too much time and effort (and money) into the car to let it get ruined by some idiot again!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2009, 02:41:38 pm »
Jonny, I totally understand where your passion lies, when you drive racing cars for a living you must get a little desensitised by the cars and the enjoyment is from getting the cars through the process, can't say I blame you at all, I would be doing the same if I were you too. When you're creative and get a kick from engineering why not. Besides - you'll keep us all interested through another monster thread  :happy2:

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2009, 02:51:21 pm »
DSG lured you back eh?  :happy2:
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2009, 02:55:38 pm »
Jonny, I totally understand where your passion lies, when you drive racing cars for a living you must get a little desensitised by the cars and the enjoyment is from getting the cars through the process, can't say I blame you at all, I would be doing the same if I were you too. When you're creative and get a kick from engineering why not. Besides - you'll keep us all interested through another monster thread  :happy2:

Thanks mate  :happy2: Yep, ill just continue with the previous thread, which is already a bit of a monster as it is!!  :scared:

DSG lured you back eh?  :happy2:

Must be getting old hey?!  :grin:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »
Dont you still have the White ed30?? or has she gone to pastures new?