Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Service Plan - Any good?  (Read 859 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
VW Service Plan - Any good?
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:12:14 pm »
Hey all,

Just been contacted by my local VW garage about this service plan. Costs around £20 a month and covers all services and MOT tests for the duration. They don't cover cambelts or other wear & tear items and obviously you have to pay for any additional work...

I can get a service done at my local private Garage for £100 and an MOT for £50...so isit worth the extra for a dealership stamp as that's the only gain I can see from it...

Anyone else on the service plan? How does it work? Do I just ring them up when my service lights on and book it in, is their a limit to how many you can have. For example how would it work if you did 30,000 miles a year and needed 3 services a year.

Anyone shed any light? VW seem very vague and useless about it all.

Cheers,

Offline ARV_90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
Re: VW Service Plan - Any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 05:57:21 pm »
  VW and Vague... I would make sure you read the small print fella...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:59:09 pm by ARV_90 »

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:38:31 pm »
I would check all T&C's as im sure they will have limits to the number of services or what is covered. It may only cover basic services and not long life oil that they should be run on.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »
I would check all T&C's as im sure they will have limits to the number of services or what is covered. It may only cover basic services and not long life oil that they should be run on.

The last service plan I had was £349 for 2 mots, 1 major and 1 minor service over 3 years. Was a great deal and whilst I think it may now be £379 planning on buying again. Was excellent
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding