Make a donation

Author Topic: Remap cr170  (Read 12204 times)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Remap cr170
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »
This was one of the things I asked Dave and they seem to have trailered their maps torque levels in a way not to cause clutch slip.
Dave said they hadn't had any clutch problems on stage 1 tune and from checking the net they've done enough of them to know.
The car pulls very well but not in a savage way more oem smoothness but with an extra grin.

Sounds good to me  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 08:57:18 pm »
Most people get clutch slip because they drive incorrectly.

Adding the extra power and torque means you can get similar levels of acceleration say in 5th gear as a stock car would in 4th, so people dont bother using the gearbox correctly and downshift as they should and instead rely on the torque to pull them through.  WOT pulls in high gears from low rpm destroys clutches as it subjects it to peak torque levels for prolonged periods.  I never had any clutch slip in my Focus ST, Octavia vRS, my current fabia or any of my other vehicles all of which have been tinkered with, tracked and abused because I change down gear when i want to speed up.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

What are the higher stage tuning options and outputs like with the PD and CR170 engines?

Typically DPF removal with stg2 on the CR will see 350ftlb and 220+ bhp. But we tend to limit torque at 330ftlb and aim for a nice flat curve so that torque doesn't drop off at high rpm. These cars are still new(ish) and on stock clutches and used as everyday cars so no point going for the big numbers and sacrificing reliability. Within a few years I'm expecting to see 250bhp and 380ftlb being easy to achieve with turbo work and an updated clutch.

Do you have any dyno graphs of stage 2 cars preferably with either stage 1 or stock curves on as well?

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:13 pm »

What are the higher stage tuning options and outputs like with the PD and CR170 engines?

Typically DPF removal with stg2 on the CR will see 350ftlb and 220+ bhp. But we tend to limit torque at 330ftlb and aim for a nice flat curve so that torque doesn't drop off at high rpm. These cars are still new(ish) and on stock clutches and used as everyday cars so no point going for the big numbers and sacrificing reliability. Within a few years I'm expecting to see 250bhp and 380ftlb being easy to achieve with turbo work and an updated clutch.

The 143cr is the pick of the bunch, we have an Ibiza with dpf off and stage 2 making 220bhp and 350ftlb on stock clutch, it's an easy match for a stg2  golf gti tfsi and returns 60mpg on a run.

Is this engine in any of the Golfs?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »
Most people get clutch slip because they drive incorrectly.

Adding the extra power and torque means you can get similar levels of acceleration say in 5th gear as a stock car would in 4th, so people dont bother using the gearbox correctly and downshift as they should and instead rely on the torque to pull them through.  WOT pulls in high gears from low rpm destroys clutches as it subjects it to peak torque levels for prolonged periods.  I never had any clutch slip in my Focus ST, Octavia vRS, my current fabia or any of my other vehicles all of which have been tinkered with, tracked and abused because I change down gear when i want to speed up.

I know what your saying but mine slipped driving through the gears   :sad1:

Slipped like a b*tch on the dyno too. When back to stock, no issues

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 09:24:45 pm »

The 143cr is the pick of the bunch, we have an Ibiza with dpf off and stage 2 making 220bhp and 350ftlb on stock clutch, it's an easy match for a stg2  golf gti tfsi and returns 60mpg on a run.

Is this engine in any of the Golfs?

Mk6 GTD.

The mk5 had the PD engines (different to common rail).

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 09:26:02 pm »
Hmmm tempting!!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 09:28:19 pm »
Lots of my mates have sold S3's, M3s etc for diesels. I can see why your tempted  :evilgrin:

The CR engines are really responsive, and with the DPF you don't get the slightest whiff of smoke  :wink: - at JKM last, the mk5 GTI's looked like diesels compared to mine  :grin:

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Remap cr170
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 10:03:17 pm »
@PDT - do the manual clutches handle the torque at Stage 1 ok?

I'm worried about remapping since my focus ST, then my GTI both had clutch slip straight after the remap  :sad1:

I ran Stage2+ on my PD170 for 2 years on OEM clutch i only took it out because i wanted to upgrade

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 10:30:48 pm »

I'm worried about remapping since my focus ST, then my GTI both had clutch slip straight after the remap  :sad1:

I ran Stage2+ on my PD170 for 2 years on OEM clutch i only took it out because i wanted to upgrade

Yep its the driver who destroys the clutch normally, although if a cars second hand you dont know the life its had before hand.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »

Yep its the driver who destroys the clutch normally, although if a cars second hand you dont know the life its had before hand.

A lot of it is down to the driver, but the responsible thing to do at stage 1 is to limit the damage that the driver can do in the map.

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »
DPF Delete doesn't seem too risky with current Diesel MOT, the smoke test will be very much down to the Tester's interpretation :wink:

Taken from MOT Testing Manual:

'The criterion is density and not volume of smoke. The description ‘dense smoke’ includes smoke or vapour which largely obscures vision.'

I'm sure any smoke issues could be managed with an Italian tune up beforehand.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 10:37:22 pm »
Smoke limit on a car that we did DPF removal on recently for MOT is 3.0

It passed its MOT last week with a reading of 0.3