Make a donation

Author Topic: Skoda / VRS forum?  (Read 942 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Skoda / VRS forum?
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:20:41 am »
Looking like a TDI VRS or Leon FR may be the weapon of choice when the Gti goes later in the year so wanting to get the heads up on them as much as I can over the next few months. I've been a member on a Leon forum since we had our Cupra a few years ago but I'm struggling to find a UK based Skoda or VRS forum, anyone know of a good one.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Re: Skoda / VRS forum?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:57:15 am »
Briskoda.net I am a member as are several on here. ;D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Regards,

Mike

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
Re: Skoda / VRS forum?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:27:18 am »
yep, for the uk it's briskoda.  some nice car on the aussie forum (vwwatercooled.com.au) and there are a couple of german forums (which are a pain if you don't speak german!).

not that many vrs owners seem to modify their cars as gti owners, hence there are alot of vrs owners on here too, given the vrs is mechanically the same as a mk5/6 gti depending on age.

2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:01 am »
Thanks chaps I'll get logged onto it later on.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:08:29 pm »

Just out of interest, why are you not getting another VW?

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:17:44 pm »

Just out of interest, why are you not getting another VW?

skoda = more space and less money?

:wink:
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 08:11:16 am »
As above really, I've got a 1yr old and a dog so the VRS and it's boot size ticks a hell of a lot of boxes. I've looked and looked at the Golf GT 170 but it just doesn't do it for me and you can get a like for like miles and year Octavia for about £2k less than the golf.

I've two options ahead 1. spend around £8-9k and go for the Octavia/A4 S line or a Leon Fr or 2. spend £4-5k and get an old diesel estate, a Passat or A4 it'll depend on our job security nearer the time, meanwhile I'm just trying to enjoy every last minute I have with the Gti........ :sad1:

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:32 am »
good news is that if you go for a vrs it drives just like the gti.

however tbh if you don't have job security, and given the mess my two little ones made of the car when they were that age i'd say go for a shed.  if i was doing it again i'd spend 5k on something like a saab 9-5 aero wagon - lots of room, kit, comfy, quick, cheap as chips and at shed money you won't cry everytime there is wee, poo, food, vomit, ribena etc getting spilt.

run that for a couple of years until the kids are past "that stage" then get back into something nice.

:wink:

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:10:41 am »
good news is that if you go for a vrs it drives just like the gti.

Ah but I bet the diesel doesn't .......... :signLOL:

Offline Stevoraith

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 01:28:34 pm »
Nope, it drives just like the GTD  :happy2: :signLOL:
2011 Octavia vRS TDI- for the wife
2002 Golf GTI TDI- old and cheap