Make a donation

Author Topic: What if...........  (Read 2913 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: What if...........
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 06:43:36 pm »
with no modified cars, the car crime rate could drop. Never know

:confused: - Show your workings?

Two things spring to mind, one is that I'm sure a good percentage of stolen cars are factory spec as are the cars driven by many road crime offenders and secondly, surely a percentage of modified car owners are statistically more likely to turn to crime if their hobby, pride and joy is no longer something they could legally modify?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
Re: What if...........
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 01:57:39 pm »
surely a percentage of modified car owners are statistically more likely to turn to crime if their hobby, pride and joy is no longer something they could legally modify?

That quite an interesting thought to be fair ofcourse im assuming you mean the younger ones, as they woukd need to get there thrills elsewhere than from there own car.

with no modified cars, the car crime rate could drop. Never know

I dont see how this could be true, surely its easier to steal a standard car for stealing to order?
Stuff like alloy wheels, stereos etc have things in place to stop them being stolen, locking wheels nuts, removable facias etc.
Also older cars, all of my mates have aftermarket alarms and immobilisers fitted to their mk2, mk1 golfs, without these their cars would be at a much higher risk of being stolen as an easy joy ride.