Make a donation

Author Topic: N75 valve?  (Read 3218 times)

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
N75 valve?
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:03:59 am »
Alright people :)

Iv recently changed my DV and since doin this I lose boost at 3800rpm and don't get it back untill I turn the car off and back on again, I was told to change my PCV valve as this might fix my problem, I changed it yesterday with no luck :( so after plenty of research I'm goin to change my N75 valve next, can anyone shine some light on this? am I goin in the right direction? If so does anyone have a part number and a how to guide please?

PLEASE HELP!  :scared:

Thanks, Craig.
Tornado red mk5 Golf GTI 5 door.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: N75 valve?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:07:48 am »
IMO you need to get your car scanned as it very much sounds like it's going into limp mode.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:35 am »
IMO you need to get your car scanned as it very much sounds like it's going into limp mode.

Thanks for the reply, can a normal garage scan it? I don't have vcds and there's no one near me that has :/

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:46:04 am »

Thanks for the reply, can a normal garage scan it? I don't have vcds and there's no one near me that has :/

A normal garage SHOULD have the ability to scan the car, but it won't be cheap. Usually around £40 just for the diagnostic scan. I think it's a stupid amount considering it's 15mins tops to get a full report.

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:53:45 am »

A normal garage SHOULD have the ability to scan the car, but it won't be cheap. Usually around £40 just for the diagnostic scan. I think it's a stupid amount considering it's 15mins tops to get a full report.

I have a mate that works in a garage and he won't charge me to get it scanned, ill call and see if he has the equipment.. Will I need to get the car in limp mode in order for it to show up on the scan? Thanks.

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 09:02:44 am »

I have a mate that works in a garage and he won't charge me to get it scanned, ill call and see if he has the equipment.. Will I need to get the car in limp mode in order for it to show up on the scan? Thanks.

No, the car logs any and all problems it currently has or has had. Once the scan is complete and you have transferred the error codes to a computer, get them to clear the errors off your car. Then drive as normal. Next time you have it scanned you can see any problems the car currently has. Unfortunately the errors don't have a timestamp attached to them.

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:17 am »
Brilliant, thanks alot for your help :)

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »

You're quite welcome. You will probably find that your car has a lot of errors. Most of them aren't important. You'll get an error if you have replaced the radio for an after market one. There will probably be lots of little things like that, but the garage should know what they are looking for. I hope they can help you out!  :grin:

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:07 pm »

You're quite welcome. You will probably find that your car has a lot of errors. Most of them aren't important. You'll get an error if you have replaced the radio for an after market one. There will probably be lots of little things like that, but the garage should know what they are looking for. I hope they can help you out!  :grin:

Thanks, yeah me to :/ ill post up what's happenin when iv had it scanned.