Make a donation

Author Topic: modding dilemma  (Read 1651 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
modding dilemma
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:40:26 pm »
hey guys
 here we go..... bear with me..... :happy2:
i am really happy with what little ive done so far
lowered remapped new front grill number plates,rear lites...and few little cosmetics...
in next few weeks i plan on the rear bumper and skirts being colour coded-having been let down twice....
oh and an armster armrest-do NOT wanna pay 200+ for oem but i really miss an armrest from past two cars!
i reckon i have about 150 ish per month to play with before i encroach on my family commitments etc so what di do save for next?so do i buy little bits like the window shades and deflectors etc....and do lil bit by lil bit or get saving for.......

wheels.... thinking bbs lm reps in 18's
exhaust sorta happy with stock BUT that means spending over a grand as i want an r32 look with straight thru pipes.
air intake- love the look and sound of the carbinio thingy :rolleye:   am happy with sound and performance -does it make that much difference??
and then there is so much stuff you lot talk about that goes over my head so i figure if i dont know what it is i dont need it right?? :stupid:
so whats the general consensus?
let me know pleeeeeeze??/
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Re: modding dilemma
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:08:27 pm »
I think you really need the exhaust to compliment the rest, If it were me and with hindsight i wouldn't buy the Carbonio as its just engine bling plus you can buy a cheaper version from the states on ebay u.s and it does exactly the same as the dearer Carbonio and you cant tell them apart exect the orig has a sticker which isnt worth another £150.

For £150 I think you can get the WALK kit which really helps.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:29:13 pm »
thanks for the answers-
am thinking i,m happy with the look sound and feel of the exhaust for the time being mate(untill i see joes or top cats car again!!)-but do you think it makes that difference to the performance?

so intake........
If it were me and with hindsight i wouldn't buy the Carbonio as its just engine bling plus you can buy a cheaper version from the states on ebay u.s and it does exactly the same as the dearer Carbonio and you cant tell them apart exect the orig has a sticker which isnt worth another £150.

dont suppose you gotta link?

For £150 I think you can get the WALK kit which really helps.

-and you obviously forgot you were talking to the forum dunce so you,ll have to talk me thru that sentence lol :ashamed:

forgot to say am thinking powderocating the monzas-or do i put the money toward these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370203723550
or these..yum yum

http://rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=mam_mt1_rc;manufacturer=mam;model=286;id=MAMT1RC1985855112454512900

or these...yum yum yum
http://rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=alloy_wheels;type=keskin_tuning_kt1_klassik_ss;manufacturer=keskin_tuning;model=1019;id=KEKT1SS1885855100303012940

i know this is nice place to be and i have a few squid to one side to start me off just wanna get the best bang for my buck as the saying goes.
thanks again keith :drinking:
matsu

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 07:47:07 pm »

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 07:51:14 pm »
is this what your on about mate?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Audi-Carbon-Fiber-Intake-MKV-Golf-GTI-2-0T-FSI-A3_W0QQitemZ200364819461QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea6ac8405&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171

:ashamed: :stupid:
matsu

Looks like the fellow to me. $89 dollars woosh big savings factor in $50 dollars to send to the u.k. with the exch rate your looking at £85
Sure he does best offer ones as well.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 12:33:18 pm »
well the crack in the carbon fron has prob solved this dilemna.... gonna look at replacement front section either ebay or at volksfest tomo in essex.
unless anyone is selling on here?
and i,m thinking if i,m happy with perofrmance so far i,ll go more cosmetic so its wheels
i reaaly like the keskins but like the lm reps poss with stretched rubber.....as my summer wheels and black monzas for the winter!
matsu