Make a donation

Author Topic: VAG Dealer Reviews and Contact Details - board  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Lean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • DSG +..
VAG Dealer Reviews and Contact Details - board
« on: July 28, 2009, 12:09:27 am »
Would it be possible to rejig the entire section so that when you go in there the board headings show all the VAG dealers listed as the main header. ie:

VW LEEDS

VW YORK

VW CROYDON

and then under those headings all the threads relevant to that particular dealership?

imo - it would make navigating much easier especially if I wanted to check out a dealer in particular, at the moment it seems a little messy -no offense of course  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: VAG Dealer Reviews and Contact Details - board
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:57:35 pm »
^^^^
I may have misunderstood but that sounds like a fairly mammoth task! Wouldn't simply doing a Search only in that section give you answers?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Lean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • DSG +..
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:25:54 pm »
Probably not a mammoth task bearing in mind it's not too busy in that section yet. I agree searching is the obvious answer but my perfectionist head says it would work so much better and be more utilised by people if it was laid out that way - for a couple of reasons.

1. More people likely to use it for investigating and they would be able to find the area dealer or indi dealer if it was a simple system ie: VW Dealers/Yorkshire/dealers named
2. It would help people wanting to input info (and vice versa) easier as the headers would show the user straight away and easily which area/dealer stopping the problems that do happen ie: I search for Leeds - nothing shows up because someone put in the thread Yorkshire

Anyway for sure it is not necessary just a thought really eitherway the forum still rocks!  :happy2:

as you were. :)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:34:06 pm »
^^^^
I'm sure that SteveP will do something if he can. I might be entirely wrong in my thinking and hence post.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!