Make a donation

Author Topic: Don't like the focus but.....  (Read 2926 times)

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
Re: Don't like the focus but.....
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:12 am »
Infact 20" where an option on the focus and s-max very rare at the time has people where dubious about the ride and price of replacement tyres.

There was no 20" option on the ST, in fact there weren't any options when it came to wheels, other than black or silver.

My local dealer has a green RS on the forecourt at £22K. It has been there some time!

Theres only one way to find out...........

....FIGHT!!

Offline gizm0

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 06:47:01 am »
FRS mk2 with mp350 is were its at, sure it has it quibbles but what car doesnt.     had mine 2 years now and the value hasnt dropped much at all compared to alot of cars in there 1st 2/3 years.
as above seats can wear if there not care`d for 100% (ie seat covers) from new but leather wears in vw`s too if not looked after.
dash boards not upto german standards but its not a bad place to be,  for me satnav was to be avoided because its no rns510 and i wanted dab.

but if the new RS is 34k i wont even be tempted by it and will move onto something else,  the value for money is what made me buy.... and the 5 pot warble  :evilgrin:

as for the seats... you pay stupid amount for a ford focus and have nice seats like that just to cover them up, does seem logical to me, mine were worn when i bought it at 18k anyway.

as for the 20" alloys i believe on the ST it was MS Design that made them, unsure who made them for the RS but i know Focus RS Direct were selling them.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:05 am »
Another major flaw is that it's still FWD  :stupid:

Another thing, imagine if the engine is as tuneable as the k04. 450-500 bhp through the front wheels anyone?!  :driver:  :stupid:

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 07:14:46 am »
£34K :surprised:

So that or the A class amg45.... Seriously?

People will buy it FACT, I still cant get over how many Mk2 FRS you see round here for a pretty expensive performance car.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 07:53:26 am »
Fair enough, they look silly big anyways!
Agrees... 18 with a slam looks good without a ridiculous ride and tyre costs.

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:58 am »
You moan about the Recaros, but at least they're free - how much are buckets in a Golf R for example?
Sideways yo!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=065rfhe4bgh48m2tgtmrs9g1nj&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:39 am »
I really like the focus ST/RS.....

2.3 ecotec..... does that mean no more 5 pot? Did i misread something?

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »
You moan about the Recaros, but at least they're free - how much are buckets in a Golf R for example?

Well technically included in the price...not free as such :innocent:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »
Po-tay-toe /pot-ahh-toe

Either way it comes out of the dealers with them in, rather than parting with the best part of £1700+ with VAG.
Sideways yo!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:09 pm »
I loved my Mk2 RS defintootly didn't lack torque ! Infact it feels stronger at low revs than a 2+ edition 30, yea there were some build / finishing issues but it gripped like fook ! And was fun to drive with rakes of character to boot !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 02:42:41 am »
FRS mk2 with mp350 is were its at, sure it has it quibbles but what car doesnt.     had mine 2 years now and the value hasnt dropped much at all compared to alot of cars in there 1st 2/3 years.
as above seats can wear if there not care`d for 100% (ie seat covers) from new but leather wears in vw`s too if not looked after.
dash boards not upto german standards but its not a bad place to be,  for me satnav was to be avoided because its no rns510 and i wanted dab.

but if the new RS is 34k i wont even be tempted by it and will move onto something else,  the value for money is what made me buy.... and the 5 pot warble  :evilgrin:

as for the seats... you pay stupid amount for a ford focus and have nice seats like that just to cover them up, does seem logical to me, mine were worn when i bought it at 18k anyway.

as for the 20" alloys i believe on the ST it was MS Design that made them, unsure who made them for the RS but i know Focus RS Direct were selling them.

That's the fellas you could actually buy them through the dealership has I did enquire when I had my focus st, only reason I thought they where an option?? I've seen quite a few S-Max's with the 20s on.

Don't think I would have another focus but never say never, I do like the new focus st in black and with the new 2.0 Eco boost engine it should give better fuel figures than I was getting in my focus!!! 16-17 round town was stupid