Make a donation

Author Topic: Good price for bright slier/ anthracite refurb on monza II  (Read 1556 times)

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
Good price for bright slier/ anthracite refurb on monza II
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:25:00 pm »
As per title.

Ive had the car for a year.  Got whiteworm (was on the car when purchased)  I now want to refurb the wheels to bright silver/ anthracite.   What would be a good price for all four wheels to be done.  I will be getting four new tyres fitted whilst the wheels are getting done to save on balancing etc and stop the wheels being damaged.

I would like somewhere near south london in croydon/sutton\bromley or surrounding areas.  Good quality work is key.

I'll then get four wheel alignment done.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline will_15

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Good price for bright slier/ anthracite refurb on monza II
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:17 am »
Has to be http://www.lepsons.com fairly near you as well.

Expect to pay minimum £80 per corner for the diamond cut OEM finish (or a similar variant)

Had one of my wheels done there and it's still perfect 2 years on.

Offline Mikeygtir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:56:15 am »
I'm currently waiting on the arrival, to my local stealer, of 4x Monza Shadows that have been refurbished and diamond cut by Pristine in Milton Keynes.

All 4 cost me £338 including the labour in VW for the tyre change over .

Thats using the Pristine "wheel exchange service"

Cant comment on what they look like as i've not seen them yet, but they're supposed to be like new going by the recommendations..

Offline olufsen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 11:03:47 am »
I'm currently waiting on the arrival, to my local stealer, of 4x Monza Shadows that have been refurbished and diamond cut by Pristine in Milton Keynes.

All 4 cost me £338 including the labour in VW for the tyre change over .

Thats using the Pristine "wheel exchange service"

Cant comment on what they look like as i've not seen them yet, but they're supposed to be like new going by the recommendations..

Sounds great this... PXalloys used to d othe same, but they've gone to the wall it seems.

So you gave them a set of Monzas, then you pay £300 odd for a new refurbed set?  You can get black / silver powder coated shadows like this?

Offline Mikeygtir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:17 pm »
As far as my situation goes, I arranged the exchange through my local VW garage as they had to provide pristine with a part number for the 18" detroits (monza) so pristine could check they were doing the correct wheels.
Pristine had 4 of the required wheels in stock ready for refurbishment  so then set about refurbishing them as per my order and will then send them to VW where I will go in and get my tyres fitted to the new wheels and my current rims will be put into the boxes the new wheels arrived in and then sent back to pristine for them to store ready for he next monza II order.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:15:47 am »
Hi guys thank you. I'm now waiting for the car to come back.  I decided on this company.

http://www.premierwheelrepairs.com/

I'll post pics very soon.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)