Make a donation

Author Topic: Sachs Performance Clutch Issue  (Read 1893 times)

Offline CupraKris

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Sachs Performance Clutch Issue
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »
Just posted this on Cupra net but thought someone on here may be able to shed some light on this problem.

Ok here goes I sold a Sachs Performance clutch (part numbers below for info) to a customer last year and he finally got round to fitting it last week. Anyway since fitting he has not been able to select any gears with the engine running so I told him it would either be the clutch hydraulics still have air in or asked him to recall which way the clutch disc had been fit (thinking it could be the wrong way round).

Car is a Leon Cupra R 2012

The customer got the car towed round to mine this morning, I checked for air in the clutch hydraulics and it seemed fine and I could also hear the bearing moving when pressing the clutch pedal.

Next I presumed it must be a fitment issue so stripped the car down and got the box out, upon inspection the clutch installation looked fine.

Anyway for my own sanity can someone firstly confirm the image of the clutch disc below is the side that faces the transmission I can only vaguely remember my clutch install from last year?

And the image below is the flywheel facing side?

I thought it was quite strange how the clutch cover has no marks on whatsoever which made me suspect whether the release bearing (Sachs) was working properly, which it does seem to be and as a safe measure i compared it with the original Seat one.

I then thought as a safe bet I would compare the clutches and found that there is a 7-8mm difference in the height of the clutch and this makes me wonder if it is in range of the bearing?

Sorry about the use of a tape measure I couldn't find my vernier calipers lol

883082.001394 Sachs Performance Clutch Cover

881864.999502 Sachs Performance Clutch Disc

3182.997.901 Sachs Release Bearing

Naturally I will give Sachs a call for help tomorrow but just wanted a sanity check first in case I had missed something obvious.

Kris.