Make a donation

Author Topic: Computer help - Sharing Document libraries  (Read 839 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Computer help - Sharing Document libraries
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:40:02 pm »
After a bit of computer help if possible.

I have an external hard-drive that I keep all my previous work, literature, music and films on which i use alot as i travel around loads.  Its a constantly changing document library with new stuff being added all the time.

At the moment the only way i have to back it up is literally to copy it to my desktop computer periodically but that obviosuly takes ages.  Is there a way that i can set my computer up (Windows 7) so that everytime I plug in my hard-drive, it backs itself up but not the entire backup, only the documents that have been modified or changed?

Cheers in advance.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=i3r6dsg8gqk0bfnhvff2s2d3so&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Computer help - Sharing Document libraries
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:41:52 pm »
I used to use Lacie Silverkeeper.... i think that did what you are wanting to do.  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »
I used to use Lacie Silverkeeper.... i think that did what you are wanting to do.  :happy2:

Nice one cheers.  :happy2:

Im just downloading Lacie Genie Timeline.  That sounds like it might be what im after, although i think its aimed at backing a desktop hardrive onto an external rather than the opposite which is what im after.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=i3r6dsg8gqk0bfnhvff2s2d3so&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:04:07 pm »

Nice one cheers.  :happy2:

Im just downloading Lacie Genie Timeline.  That sounds like it might be what im after, although i think its aimed at backing a desktop hardrive onto an external rather than the opposite which is what im after.

should work either way

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:12:41 pm »
Backup in progress.  Hopefully this is exactly what Im after.  Cheers Rich  :happy2:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:14:16 pm by Janner_Sy »