Make a donation

Author Topic: Statllers in Sheffield  (Read 1440 times)

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
Statllers in Sheffield
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:43:03 pm »
Picked up my GTi from Statllers earlier, dropped it off there after work on Tuesday, have had the following work done:-

WMi kit fitted
BSH throttle body pipe
THS front engine mounts
42DD shifter bushings
Cambelt and waterpump
Service
Gearbox oil change
Nology spark plugs
New Hella headlights

Yes I know I got a lot done all at once, but a lot of them linked to each other, so have saved myself a bit on labour! I also had this all done there as these guys really are the dogs bollox when it comes to mods on VAG cars! Even in this sh*t weather, to say my car has been transformed is an understatement! I love the WMi, so much power to hand now, and the dyno before and after showed a clear difference of 20bhp and 20 torques! Plan to go and see Nick at R Tech in a few weeks, get it tuned in! As it stands though, phenominal!
The THS engine mounts have also made a huge difference, bit more cabin noise but not overly; i actually like it tbh!
I strongly recommend the 42dd shifter bushings also, gear changes smoother and more direct now, a very worthwhile mod!

Steve also told me that I had got my cambelt changed just at right time because the current one was about to fall off, WTF!!?? I don't know the full facts here, rest assured I am counting my lucky stars right now, suffice to say I won't be getting this sort of work done at my local VW dealer in the future!!

I could go on and on here but I won't (for a change)!

Another HUGE thumbs up for Steve, Craig and Luke!   :driver:

Andrew

Offline dokez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Statllers in Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »
What WMI you opt for ? I was looking at the AEM. Let us know the results from R tech.

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
good work andy  :happy2:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »
I have the DevilsOwn kit! Based on my driving style they estimated that a tankfull would last me at least a month! When I got home checked level, had gone through a quarter already!!  :grin:

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:42:12 pm »
I have the DevilsOwn kit! Based on my driving style they estimated that a tankfull would last me at least a month! When I got home checked level, had gone through a quarter already!!  :grin:

#did you have a dyno run aftwer wmi fitting, or leaving that t r-tech?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:46:56 pm »
I wasn't there tbh for the dyno runs but i did see the results/graphs, certainly a difference alright, but hoping Nick can get even more in a few weeks!  :evilgrin: