Make a donation

Author Topic: SPAX RSX  (Read 6014 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: SPAX RSX
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »
Has anyone else had experience with the Spax? Also what are people using for they cars? I would appreciate some guidance on this! Pics of your car and a review!
Thanks

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 03:29:05 pm »
Is anyone using any FK's? Any reviews?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 03:53:58 pm »
First off Olli you need to decide what you want them for and what height you intend to run them at.
Its very hard to get a subjective review of them, because 90% of the time people are only going to big up what they have bought, you are going to have to find a very honest person to come on here and say the bilsteins i bought are really harsh or KW's are over priced.
You will also get a lot of people telling you get these they are made in the same factory as KW.  :chicken: Well thats like saying buy a 1.4 litre golf instead of a ED 30.
First off decide you budget and what you want them for. You look like the type of person who will have a different car by Christmas.  :laugh:
So you dont really need to go top of the range, So how long they last before they rust or the dampening starts getting poor is not your main consideration.
I would look at something like the Weitec range, i have no personal experience with these but they will be a similar range as the Spax.  :happy2: and get bought more for the Mk 5 platform so you should get a better idea of whether they will suit your purpose.

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 04:47:15 pm »
Thanks Topcat! :drinking:
Well if I am honest with you I plan to keep my car for 3-4 years! This is due to me being 17 and insurance. When im 20-21 I will be able to get a car with more performance! I brought the best car I could afford with the insurance! (1.6 FSI laser blue  :grin:) I plan on changing it quite a bit. All I have done so far is install a full GTI leather interior. Next is sorting out the stance and wheels.
What I want from the coilovers:
Good lowering range! I want the car to be able to be lowered quite far. I dont want to be ridiculously slammed because this is a daily drive but I would like to be as low as possible without rubbing.
I would ideally like the height to be adjustable whilst the coilovers are still on the car.
I want the ride to be sporty. good round corners etc but I do not want a really harsh ride so a little comfort is important as daily driver!
I dont want them to corrode in a month!
What is your drop and what are you running?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 04:50:19 pm »
^^^ He got the wrong Ollie  :stupid:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 04:52:38 pm »
 :signLOL:
I dont mind it did quite help me lol! Still help me tho haha  :signLOL:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 04:56:59 pm »
I need a Holiday i thought you where the new Olli who has just signed up.  :grin:  :ashamed: he changes his car quite often i believe.
As long as you clean them regulary then they should stay adjustable, its when the thread starts rusting and sh*tting up that its dificult to adjust.
It all depends on what wheels you get or have as to how low you can go. This should not be a Problem if you have Mk golf specific wheels as they will be well inside the arch.  :happy2:

Most coilovers will give you a sportier ride than you have at present, again look into the weitec ones they should suit your needs in your price range and should give the best of both worlds, height and ride quality.  :smiley:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 04:58:19 pm »
Thanks ill have a look. Im looking to spend about £700  :drinking:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat