Make a donation

Author Topic: Struggling with boost :(  (Read 2450 times)

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
  • Build it.. don't buy it!!
    • Email
Struggling with boost :(
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:08:25 pm »
Hi all, hoping you lot will be able to help me as I am all out of ideas. My car is Revo stage one with the Forge DV.

I have spent all day trying to work this out with no success. My car normally boost to around 20psi on the gauge and I am currently getting 5-10 and then it dumps the rest while I am accelerating. I have had the front bumper off checked all the pipes, I have plugged it into vagcom with no fault codes and I have had the forge DV apart and all seems ok. I have been reading about the PCV valve but am unsure of what to look for if faulty, could this be the solution to my problem??

Thanks

Ash   
I have ETKA and ELSA - Happy to help if anyone needs anything. Instagram - @f11tvw

Rotiform VCE's : US Spec Rear Bumper : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : De-Wipered : Revo Stage 2+ Map : Revo Intake : Revo throttle pipe : THS Intercooler : K04 Conversion : Milltek Cat Back + Pipwerx Decat : Sachs Stage 3 Organic clutch + Single mass flywheel : Quaife ATB Differential : S3 Brakes + Vagbremtechnic discs : Full SuperPro Bushes : SuperPro ARB

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Struggling with boost :(
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:04:59 am »
Anyone... please help?? :)
I have ETKA and ELSA - Happy to help if anyone needs anything. Instagram - @f11tvw

Rotiform VCE's : US Spec Rear Bumper : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : De-Wipered : Revo Stage 2+ Map : Revo Intake : Revo throttle pipe : THS Intercooler : K04 Conversion : Milltek Cat Back + Pipwerx Decat : Sachs Stage 3 Organic clutch + Single mass flywheel : Quaife ATB Differential : S3 Brakes + Vagbremtechnic discs : Full SuperPro Bushes : SuperPro ARB

Offline dokez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:21:46 am »
Have the engine running, take the dip stick out. If the engine starts to run lumpy then your PCV valve is ok.     IMO try putting in a OEM DV to rule out the forge one.

You checked the boost line to your boost gauge? 

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 11:28:14 am »
Have the engine running, take the dip stick out. If the engine starts to run lumpy then your PCV valve is ok.     IMO try putting in a OEM DV to rule out the forge one.

You checked the boost line to your boost gauge?

Thanks ill give that a try in a minute!! No I haven't check the boost gauge, is it possible to loose boost pressure through the gauge?

Cheers.

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:34:13 am »
PCV Valve looks to be ok then... Pulled the dipstick out and was running lumpy.

Offline dokez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:26:11 pm »
Put standard DV back on and go from there.

Boost leak could be, faulty actuator, cracked manifold/gasket, intercooler hoses and vac lines.

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »
Put standard DV back on and go from there.

Boost leak could be, faulty actuator, cracked manifold/gasket, intercooler hoses and vac lines.

Ok I'll give that ago, have to go and get myself a standard DV. Sounds like this may not be a quick fix!! I've checked the intercooler hoses and vac lines. Thanks for the advice

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:18 pm »
Had another thought.... Can the solenoid for the forge DV fail. Which would be why it seems like the turbo and system is working fine but the DV is letting all the boost go during acceleration??

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 04:20:45 pm »
Think the large crack could be a bit of a give away to the boost problem....

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »
Wish my boost issue was as obvious as that
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:39 pm »
Wish my boost issue was as obvious as that

Well it was only obvious after doing this to the car...

And getting the turbo out!!

What seems to be your problem?

Ash