Make a donation

Author Topic: Track tyres  (Read 4699 times)

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Track tyres
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:31 pm »
Following this with interest, got wet days sorted but nothing for dry days.

Fish

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »
Still got the winters on at the moment  :laugh:

I'm going to put the normal wheels and the GY F1s back on this weekend and make a last minute decision depending on how the weather looks as to if I put the track wheels and tyres on, the federals are getting pretty low and don't seem to like the rain. Oulton. A wet Druids. Me filling my draws etc..  :grin:

Beddie do you run 595 RSR ? Have I already asked what you think of them?

Yeah I do have the RSRs Mike  :happy2:

I can't fault them tbh mate, bought my first full set used and have bought 2 new ones so far, for the price and the excellent wear rate I really like them!
Seem to cope well with the chunky weight of the gti and my ham fisted driving, awesome amount of dry grip and surprisingly good in the rain, although patches of standing water at speed can get emotional...  :grin:

I'd say they are at the worst in drying/greasy track after rain, but only until they are up to temp and I'd imagine that's true of most 'R' tyres tbh  :smiley:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 07:48:03 pm »
Still got the winters on at the moment  :laugh:

I'm going to put the normal wheels and the GY F1s back on this weekend and make a last minute decision depending on how the weather looks as to if I put the track wheels and tyres on, the federals are getting pretty low and don't seem to like the rain. Oulton. A wet Druids. Me filling my draws etc..  :grin:

Beddie do you run 595 RSR ? Have I already asked what you think of them?

Yeah I do have the RSRs Mike  :happy2:

I can't fault them tbh mate, bought my first full set used and have bought 2 new ones so far, for the price and the excellent wear rate I really like them!
Seem to cope well with the chunky weight of the gti and my ham fisted driving, awesome amount of dry grip and surprisingly good in the rain, although patches of standing water at speed can get emotional...  :grin:

I'd say they are at the worst in drying/greasy track after rain, but only until they are up to temp and I'd imagine that's true of most 'R' tyres tbh  :smiley:

:happy2: :happy2:   :drinking: :drinking: