Make a donation

Author Topic: MK6 GTI - My observations  (Read 25213 times)

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: MK6 GTI - My observations
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 12:16:45 pm »
Candy Turbo i share your thoughts on RS, awsome, but not what i call an all rounder or long distance cruiser, i still have an issue with £28k for a Focus, production allocation is 8,000 with 4,000 for the UK

think on the 18s the mark 6 is a great looking car but really colour sensitive (amazing how black worked on the mk5 but not mk6), issue is if you've got an Ed30/Pirelli you want that next level, issue i find with the Roc GT compared to our Golf

hoping with the ditching of the V6s VW make the R brand a bit more driver focused, will be intersting to see if the engine in the golf r is S3/Roc R derived or a derivative of the new unit

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 05:48:06 pm »
i personally dont think either engine option will beat the rs focus , it seems a good all rounder to me well behaved round town and an absolute animal on the twisty , build quality seems to match the mk 5 and the recaro seats are brilliant  :happy2:
 they are currently fetching £30k unless you order new and wait !!!!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 06:41:08 pm »

I haven't driven the RS but somehow I reckon it will be a touch more hardcore than the road legal Rocco R. I may be wrong of course but those are my expectations.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 07:13:37 pm »
I cant see Ford limiting the RS! In a recession and they have a car everyone wants, they would be crazy not to milk it  :stupid:

I have seen so many RS's compared to the ED30!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 07:16:43 pm »

I haven't seen any RS in the UK yet (just in Germany). It blows away the Mk6 GTI I should think.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 07:44:21 pm »
You cant compare an RS to a standard Mk6 GTI. An ST and a GTI would be a fairer comparison.

Offline deanogti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 08:15:07 pm »
has there been any mention of the mk6 anniversary yet or should i say edition 35

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:11 pm »

I haven't seen any RS in the UK yet (just in Germany). It blows away the Mk6 GTI I should think.
i ve only had a short drive but first impressions , the rs would blow my modded ed30 imo it feels a better package if i can get a deffo on the 4000 limit my ed30 is for sale  :surprised:

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 09:45:35 pm »
Focus RS is still a ford and i was school'd to avoid them like the plague from a very young age  :fighting:. Mate has a green one which is nice looking and very quick 305bhp IIRC but its more of a boy racer car (says the guys with the green mk5  :signLOL:) i mean u aint turning up at a business meeting with a client in a focus RS.

First decent drive in the mk6 today after a meal in town with a friend i took the long way home (the windy road) and im really impressed with the car. It really is a step up in terms of handling from the mk5, MK6 just feels much more balanced, corners really well and the introduction of the new XPS (electronic limited-slip diff) is really noticeable. Compared to my mk5 and scirocco it feels slower as both are remaped so im looking forward to seeing what motech performance can do for me with the mk6.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:47:39 pm by x5pea »

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 10:03:51 pm »

vs.

I know which heritage I'd prefer.

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:50 pm »
aye that ford was around before wires were invented,  :signLOL:i think thats where things started to go down hill for auld henry

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:53 pm »
i mean u aint turning up at a business meeting with a client in a focus RS.

think that sums up the ford issue for me perfectly

my dealer said the 8,000 limit is due to RS using 'soft tooling' so thats the expectancy out of the machinery, i'm sure some technical minded bod may know more

just need to get the coilovers and rims on it Chris  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:46 pm »

You cant compare an RS to a standard Mk6 GTI. An ST and a GTI would be a fairer comparison.

....Don't the RS and the Mk6 GTI cost a similar amount of money? They are both hatchbacks of similar size and so if you didn't want a 5-door, you might definitely compare them - I would! I'd test drive both and expect not to like the interior of the Ford but to find it much more of an exciting 'driver's' car. Mind you, I don't like the Mk6 interior silver bling even if the build is clearly higher quality (door shuts etc) than either the Mk5 or RS.

I don't really care about the image - What's important is the pleasure I get and not what others who don't know me think of me.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:30 pm »

i mean u aint turning up at a business meeting with a client in a focus RS.

think that sums up the ford issue for me perfectly

....Oh dear!

I once turned up at the Duchess of York's parents house for a business meeting in a beat up Talbot. Her father was awfully amused and came out to look at the car in detail (probably in shock!) and I still got the contract. I don't like the snobbery of what car you drive as being judged as important - It really isn't!

Offline wigit

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 10:45:43 pm »
Robin they are £26.5k and £28.5k with toys, needless to say no discounts  :jumping: