Make a donation

Author Topic: MK6 GTI - My observations  (Read 25229 times)

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
Re: MK6 GTI - My observations
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:56 pm »
yeh i'll agree with that as i met you robin  :happy2:
 :signLOL:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2009, 08:44:10 pm »
If you want to be unpleasant, I can be unpleasant too.
threatening me on a forum mate, like ur style........

I remember your unpleasantness when i first joined the forum  :happy2:

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2009, 08:48:17 pm »
come on lads.....there's no need for stuff like that.

we're all VW enthusiasts at end of day.  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:36 pm »

x5pea - You have a PM :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2009, 09:18:15 pm »
 :popcornsoda:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2009, 09:38:59 pm »
 :indifferent:

Look guys, most threads go OT on here and to an extent we don't mind. Yes Chris was the OP but to say it's his thread in the 'General area' is a little off. If it was a build thread then fair enough, but if someone post's their opinions on here it's only natural that people was have oposing opinions. If you don't want to hear other peoples opinions sit in a dark room on your own!  :laugh:

This is human nature and if we all agreed life would be very boring.

So everyone can just chill and use this place for the intended purpose, and not bitching.  :happy2: :drinking:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2009, 11:49:13 pm »
Meh.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2009, 12:27:20 am »
Anyhoos,  back to the observations, saw a MK6 GTi today in red, looks really very nice, suits it very well.  Apart from the Wheelbarrow handle like exhaust pipes.

:happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2009, 08:33:34 am »

I was followed for a short while yesterday by what I thought was a black Mk6 GTI but it turned out to be a Mk6 GTD. The DRL's are very yellow and not as effective as LED's at a distance - Just like big sidelights really.

That shiny black honeycombe grill looks very bling in the sunlight. I want to like the Mk6 but somehow the styling doesn't cut it for me.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2009, 09:35:30 am »
Thus far black is the colour I feel works best on a MK6.  Red does look good too though.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2009, 11:23:48 am »
Saw a white Mk6 GTI the other day, flashed and waved but no response.
TBH I'm not a fan of the front twin stripe thingy - I love the headlights and fogs but the grille just doesn't do it for me. At least not on the white one.

R32UK

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2009, 07:07:20 pm »

That shiny black honeycombe grill looks very bling in the sunlight. I want to like the Mk6 but somehow the styling doesn't cut it for me.

tbf RR anyone would think you didnt really like the MK5 judging on the number of changes you have made to yours :P

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2009, 07:11:12 pm »
He does have a good point  :ashamed:  :evilgrin:

tbf RR anyone would think you didnt really like the MK5 judging on the number of changes you have made to yours :P

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2009, 07:18:22 pm »

....That certainly is a very good point (as Phil was trying to post).

For what it's worth, I hate the Ford Ka style black plastic rear on a red Mk5 - The Ed30 looks so much better all round. Otherwise I've just found ways of improving the body styling, but of course it's an individual thing and although many say they love what I've done, not everyone will like it.

Future aftermarket styling for the Mk6 GTI should be interesting.

:happy2:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2009, 08:05:10 pm »
Hello guys

Its ironic how I noticed this thread today after spending most of the morning selling MK6 GTI's to unsuspecting people.  :rolleye:

I was at Volkswagen this morning discussing consumables etc (Liqui Moly) and could resist but to take a look at the mk6 GTI.

I think certain members here are far too happy to jump on the standard "its a new version and its crap" band wagon.  :congrats:

Firstly the bickering is hilarious... But if you look behind the skin the MK6 is not a MK5.5. It isnt even near. If you want to argue with me then please call me... Dont post it here. Or PM me.

The technological advancements in comfort (Unique door seal design only seen on the MK6, quietest in its class, more rear legroom and much higher quality). Tap the back panel of a MK5. It sounds hollow... Even the dashboard and then tap the MK6. There is a huge difference.

I havnt driven the GTI but I have taken the 1.4TSI for a spin and if this little engine is anything to go by then the MK6 must be well impressive. I deal closely with tuning companies here and many are saying they are getting 170kw on the Dyno... The car is only advertised with 155kw!

The car has a completely new engine design and is IMO aimed at a slightly "posher" market than the MK5 is aimed at. I dont mean this in a horrible way but its really thrown itself in with Mercs, BMW's and Jags. Sorta makes me wonder if VW is trying to lose that "peoples car" image. Its price really isnt much. Look at the prices of the MK5 when it was launched and compare it to the MK6. There is not much difference and considering the advancements made between the cars its really no more expensive (Or at least this is the case here in South Africa).

I personally love the look of the MK6 (but would rather have a Scirocco). I also like the way VW has headed with the new TSI engines and to be quite honest I still vote the MK5 as the real king. As Clarkson said many moons ago... The MK5 GTI has put the fun back into the GTI.

I think the problem with the MK6 is that VW has finally lost that corporate image they have (The V shaped grill) and designed a car that goes against the image they created. But we need to realise the MK5 also did this.... Perhaps this is why people have mixed feelings about the design?

In my opinion the MK6 is simply a highly revised version of the MK5. But the fun is still there... Isnt that the whole point of a GTI? The perfect allrounder?

And with regards to the RS being a rival to the MK6 GTI.... lol..... What nonsense. Thats like comparing a Porsche to a Koenigsegg... They are designed to do the same thing... But its how they do those things that is so different.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:13:02 pm by 08micsta »
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.