Make a donation

Author Topic: DV changed....OH MY GOD!!!!  (Read 5269 times)

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
Re: DV changed....OH MY GOD!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »
In other words, just change it just incase :happy2:

I'll get a rev g ordered.

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
    • Leicester Wedding Photographers
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 08:01:04 am »
Had my new turbo fitted and new DV valve fitted last weekend. I cannot believe I have been driving round in what felt like a 1.6 litre car for over a year. When I first bought it I was quite underwhelmed with my GTI. Didn't know what all the fuss was about.

Turned out I had a HUGE crack in the turbocharger and the DV valve was ripped to shreds! There was literally nothing left of it!

Alex at AKS tuning replaced everything for me and OMFG I can't believe the difference!! Now I see why people love the GTI so much!
Big smile on my face now when driving it and i'm also thinking of going to stage 1 at R-tech very soon! :)

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 09:24:23 am »
Glad to hear its all sorted.

Black 5dr Edition 30 No. 1045

Offline tom.b

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 10:37:17 am »
I changed mine as soon as i got the car because i heard of people driving round with it just like this! mite as well change it for the plastic pistion type then you know ur safe  :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 10:55:16 am »
^^^^ No.

The piston Diverter Valve (Revision D) can leak and has been superseded by the newer (and latest and stonger) diaphragm version, the Revision G. If your Revision D is fine, leave it for now but if you add more power to your car then get it changed.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline tom.b

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 11:23:21 am »
ahhh thanks for that i didnt know it had been replaced again! my bad lol  :ashamed:

Offline warby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 11:44:41 am »
Just had the most painful conversation ever with the parts guy at the local stealer, near had a stand up row about the DV and how i was going to have to buy a turbo... Why do these people get these jobs?

However im getting one ordered come pay-day even though it feels quick enough  :happy2:
Mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30, DSG, Tornado Red, 3dr. #0117

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 11:53:30 am »
Just had the most painful conversation ever with the parts guy at the local stealer, near had a stand up row about the DV and how i was going to have to buy a turbo... Why do these people get these jobs?

However im getting one ordered come pay-day even though it feels quick enough  :happy2:

Might be sales staff that have filled in for someone, which will tell you any old cockslap; usually Parts (in my experience) have been pretty good and friendly too.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »
Might be sales staff that have filled in for someone, which will tell you any old cockslap; usually Parts (in my experience) have been pretty good and friendly too.

Not really sure what that means (sounds painful) but if your local main dealer provide this as a service they're obviously very hands on!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 01:02:41 pm »

Not really sure what that means (sounds painful) but if your local main dealer provide this as a service they're obviously very hands on!

:signLOL:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline warby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

Unfortunately it was the parts guy that's been there 20 odd years. Stupid old sod....
Mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30, DSG, Tornado Red, 3dr. #0117

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »

lol! :grin:
I must be going to the wrong type of parts desk. :scared:

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »
Well just changed my DV over, Rev G. this is pic of old one.

OMG, if you havent changed it yet get it done, Took, 30mins to change so easy!!!!

:party:
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline phoenix

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 12:21:42 pm »
K03 - Through the wheel arch, or engine K04 jobby?  Good job btw, certainly needed changing that one :happy2:

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »
Was KO3 car jacked up and reaching, was so simple.

Now this may be a stupid question and forgive me. But does the 1.9TDI mk 5 golf have a DV as well?
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.