Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 boost gauge dash pod  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
MK5 boost gauge dash pod
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:15 pm »
Anyone running one of these boost gauge holders? (the single dash one at the bottom of the page)

http://kw-systems.de/kw-systems-parts/dash-golf-mkv.htm

Or are they only for LHD?

Si

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: MK5 boost gauge dash pod
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:49:47 pm »
They look good! Never seen those before!  :wink:

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:35 pm »
Me neither Chris, not sure work on a RHD car tho as look like molded to fit LHD only. Wondered if anyone has one fitted on here?

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:28:08 pm »
The one in the ash tray would surely fit? As it's ambidextrous..  The one that goes near the start of the A pillar wouldn't fit a RHD car however why not go for the regular drivers column mount, or the vent mount? You can even get a twin column mount for the steering wheel and one in the vent. Plus they are infinitely easier to wire up and remove.  :party:

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:36:45 pm »
The one in the ash tray would surely fit? As it's ambidextrous..  The one that goes near the start of the A pillar wouldn't fit a RHD car however why not go for the regular drivers column mount, or the vent mount? You can even get a twin column mount for the steering wheel and one in the vent. Plus they are infinitely easier to wire up and remove.  :party:

I use the cubby hole
I use the air vent
The on the steering wheel looks daft and is in the way

A pillar pod would look good but theyre covered in fabric so would be a pain to do,
The dash is by far the best looking and most practical one, shame its LHD only by the looks of it!

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 11:47:02 pm »
Fair enough dude. Have you actually ever tried driving with a wheel mount one? Doesn't get in the way at all. I've had loads of people asking if it was an official VW part! The only thing it blocks out viewing of, is the high beam warning, but that's partly my fault for my driving position, low and far back.. like a riiiidaaaaaaaaaahh  :rolleye:

Realistically here is your view, it blocks out no important warning lights, does not block view of the temp readout or MFD and really unless your car is doing 250rpm or 7800rpm you aren't going to miss anything.

But of course, it's all personal choice bro. I know you could get a holder which goes on the top of the dash, either where the cubby hole is or where the climatic vent is, depending on the kit level of the car. This holds 3 gauges, and is angled towards the driver (for RHD) - It was on Awesomes website a while ago.

Just how many gauges do you have? lol  :jumping:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:49:37 pm by xjay1337 »

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:47:17 am »
The view isnt nearly as bad as i had thought, i sit low and far back also. But i still feel its in the way, mybe im being just a bit anal, i think it would irritate me more than block my view. ETTO, i do love these newsouth oem look ones though, so ordering one soon, once i sort this problem with where to put it  :wink: