Make a donation

Author Topic: Terraclean  (Read 8785 times)

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Terraclean
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 11:35:03 am »
All i know is that it works!!!

Had it done in Bridgend.

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Re: Terraclean
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:22 am »
We should keep this thread open for anyone else who has taken the challenge.

Will get mine done around the time of my nexr service.

Sent From My Samsung S3

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 12:47:24 pm »
There is a garage near me in Hammersmith that does this.
I have a neuspeed CAI but think I read somewhere that this causes a problem or could cause a problem when going through the terraclean.

Is that nonsense?

Saintsteve

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 05:30:31 pm »
Is this not all a waste of time (and money) with direct injection?

Erh no, because these cars still produce carbon from exhaust gases :signLOL:   :confused:

Saintsteve

Re: Re: Terraclean
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »
We should keep this thread open for anyone else who has taken the challenge.

Will get mine done around the time of my nexr service.

Sent From My Samsung S3

I did and posted around a month ago :happy2:

northyracing

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:59 pm »
So does this get injected into the inlet manifold via where the PCV hose goes then does it find its way into the valves

Saintsteve

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »
So does this get injected into the inlet manifold via where the PCV hose goes then does it find its way into the valves

No.. As I've explained to you, it doesn't. Combustion side and exhaust and cat only, along with fuelling.

You need either a can of sea foam or Wynns EGT spray that I keep suggesting to you, and have Terraclean do the rest. That's of course after an emissions tests confirms your issue :wink:

northyracing

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 07:11:04 pm »
I done the spray into the inlet manifold the other day does this go into the inlet valves or not or is it only through the MAF side that reaches the inlet. When I did this a little black soot came from exhaust but was perfectly clean after a few minutes so has what I done had no affect the the valves

Offline Panthera

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »
I am very tempted to get this done as a few colleagues have had this done on their Impreza WRX STi Prodrive and Zafria 1800 and they have both said how good it is and what they are now noticing  - smother, more refined and more poke, not to mention better mpg. The guy with the Zafria has gained 6mpg.

The colleague with the zafria goes home the same way as me and last night he was behind me and as I went to over take the car in front of me, he noticed a small puff of dirty exhaust gasses come out of the exhaust as I floored it.  I have noticed that after I have cleaned the car inc exhaust, and driven  30 miles, the tips of the exhaust are dirty.  So was wondering if terraclean might rectify this?
Its all things to all men...Golf GTi
2007 Blue Graphite Golf GTi

Offline Panthera

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »
Had it done WOW!! Can feel the difference in performance.
Car has 100k on so needed a good clean out inside and boy has it done that..

Glad you've noticed the difference aswell. It might pay you to do the inlet valves aswell via the Maf housing as the Terraclean won't do this, or did they put a different machine on the car to carry out an Intake clean.??

I done both and car runs alot better, and that Carbon buildup causes these getting more common idling issues as the mileages rank up.

By using what method, product? 
Its all things to all men...Golf GTi
2007 Blue Graphite Golf GTi

Saintsteve

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:26 pm »
Had it done WOW!! Can feel the difference in performance.
Car has 100k on so needed a good clean out inside and boy has it done that..

Glad you've noticed the difference aswell. It might pay you to do the inlet valves aswell via the Maf housing as the Terraclean won't do this, or did they put a different machine on the car to carry out an Intake clean.??

I done both and car runs alot better, and that Carbon buildup causes these getting more common idling issues as the mileages rank up.

By using what method, product? 

Terraclean have an intake cleaning kit for direct injection cars, but as yet dealers do not stock it to offer, just make excuses that the Black can will sort the inlet valves out when clearly they won't.

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
    • Leicester Wedding Photographers
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 11:17:44 pm »
Hi Steve,

I have a can of wynn's egr cleaner I am wanting to use. Do I need to spray this into the air intake pipe at the back of the engine? The one that was attached to the engine cover and maf?

Thanks

Saintsteve

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2013, 05:31:03 pm »
Hi Steve,

I have a can of wynn's egr cleaner I am wanting to use. Do I need to spray this into the air intake pipe at the back of the engine? The one that was attached to the engine cover and maf?

Thanks

Via the MAF is one route, but the most direct is remove the intake temperature  manifold sensor.. Or another way or most easiest..is if you can do it like i did the 2nd attempt, is to release the pipe from the PCV to the air inlet manifold, without fully pulling it off, spray contents around the o ring of that pipe whist your keeping revs under 2000rpm, if you remove it too far, the engine will stall.
Slowly spray in every 10 seconds or so till contents of can is empty .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:32:34 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 10:42:13 am »
I know this is not a direct injection engine, but my brother had his wife's Jeep 3.7 V6 done yesterday and was so impressed with the difference, he's booked his Astra in for Monday to get done. His wife's Jeep has 42k miles and is a 2006 model, so was probably nice and coked up.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »
Gunna get this done my mk5 gti has done 72k im sure it could do with a clean! Anyone know if any reputable dealers in yorkshire?