Make a donation

Author Topic: Terraclean  (Read 8784 times)

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
    • Leicester Wedding Photographers
    • Email
Re: Terraclean
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 05:10:14 pm »
Am defo considering having my car done. It's done 110000 miles so I'm sure it's caked it crap lol

Are there any cleaners (that actually work) that you put into the petrol to clear out the injectors etc?

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »
I've just used seafoam on mine. Does this do roughly the same thing as terraclean or what? Is it worth having a terraclean done too or is it either or?

Saintsteve

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »
I've just used seafoam on mine. Does this do roughly the same thing as terraclean or what? Is it worth having a terraclean done too or is it either or?

If you used Seafoam, that would do more the intake valves.. Terraclean would do exhaust, combustion chamber and exhaust and cat converter etc, so yes it's worth doing the rest of it. Terraclean will also clean from fuel rail from fuel pump to injectors.

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 07:44:06 pm »

If you used Seafoam, that would do more the intake valves.. Terraclean would do exhaust, combustion chamber and exhaust and cat converter etc, so yes it's worth doing the rest of it. Terraclean will also clean from fuel rail from fuel pump to injectors.

ahhh

cool thanks steve. is it a good idea to get it done before a service or does it not matter?

Saintsteve

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 07:59:14 pm »

ahhh

cool thanks steve. is it a good idea to get it done before a service or does it not matter?

I would do service, then Terraclean it to give it full bill of clean health.. Or do it separately and monitor any changes in mpg and throttle response so you can post honestly your thoughts whether you've noticed a difference etc  :happy2: