Make a donation

Author Topic: My Nephew just received a Motoring Caution but...  (Read 2111 times)

Offline olufsen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
My Nephew just received a Motoring Caution but...
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »
It is a long story and he reckons he wasn't doing anything wrong (yeah, yeah, I don't really believe it).  
Anyway, they gave him a motoring caution... but... he already has a Section 59 that isn't 12 months old yet. :surprised: (they couldn't have checked whilst he was pulled).

Do you think he will get a knock on the door?  (Serves him right really) - thing about the Section 59 is, if your caught again within 12 months they take the car and it's a few hundred to release iirc; that I know he doesn't have.

Oh dear.  What a plum tart. :laugh:

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: My Nephew just received a Motoring Caution but...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »
 :laugh: had mine taken due to section 59. 1st one I didn't deserve but had never heard of them n just took it on the chin.

2nd one he was struggling to keep up with me on my commute to work n he took the car off me. £110 to get it back.

They should check, infact they have to radio it in to issue you one, and the operator or who ever answers your call tells the officer to take your car.

Certainly gets me checking more often for police and makes me think twice before booting it.

Offline olufsen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:58 pm »
Oops.
Did they take yours with a recovery truck?
What do you reckon the lightly hood of them coming round for his car?  He's bricking it a bit, and says he'll just keep it in the garage and not answer the door, lol.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline olufsen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
Yeah, I know what the s59 is, but wondering whether the caution will warrant them coming round for his car.  Time will tell I guess.  Or will they issue a marker on it, until its out and about spotted by anpr.... Interesting if nothing else. :popcornsoda: :laugh:

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 11:53:26 pm »
Id imagine theyve missed their chance to do him for it, but chances are theyll flag the car and pull him at every oportunity. But i wouldnt expect a visit......

.....however im not an expert and im never in trouble  :innocent:

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:37 am »
I shouldnt expect a knock on the door... But as stated above he will probably get pulled left right and centre from now on, so best to keep his eyes peeled!

Offline olufsen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:30:34 am »
Would they have grounds to pull him and cease it, based on the previous info. or just pull it to check treads, mot worthiness etc.  Lol, I bet he'll love his drive to work tomorrow!

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:37:33 am »
No I don't believe they would, but I may be wrong...

The law shoots itself in the foot quite regularly really, I was followed into a car park once for, well lets just say fruitful driving and becasue I hopped straight out my car and locked it the officer stated he couldnt do anything about it. Sounds daft but it does work!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 09:00:24 am »
Oops.
Did they take yours with a recovery truck?
What do you reckon the lightly hood of them coming round for his car?  He's bricking it a bit, and says he'll just keep it in the garage and not answer the door, lol.

Yeah, all very nice about it because the officer said it makes a change from pulling corsaz lol he enjoyed trying to catch up, I noticed him overtake (unmarked bmw) just before I did a roundabout at 80 lol and after the roundabout pulled over before he even managed to get his blues on.

The flat bed truck driver took me to work too.

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 11:34:23 am »

The flat bed truck driver took me to work too.

:signLOL:

Sounds like the 5:0 might be alright your end, theyre a bunch of ***** down here!

Offline DMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:50 pm »
The car won't be taken the power of seizure only applies up to 24 hours after but should mainly be used at the time.

Not really sure what you mean by "caution" as a caution would be issue for a substantive offence and more typically in traffic law a fixed penalty would be issued etc..

As for being pulled all the time the road traffic act enables police to stop any car on the road.

Offline olufsen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 05:28:49 pm »
Update:
He said he was followed by two marked Police cars today, on seperate occasions for some miles, but neither stopped him... he must be well and truly on the system now.  Said he's been on the look out for Police, but didn't see either of them approach him... must have been tucked up somewhere and pounced.

I just asked him about the caution thing, and he says, the yellow/pink stub which he had to sign says: CAUTION: Then written in: EXCESS SPEED, name, reg, time/date etc.  And something along the lines of, usually you would be prosecuted for this....

Offline c0v3rt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 10:04:37 pm »

The law shoots itself in the foot quite regularly really, I was followed into a car park once for, well lets just say fruitful driving and becasue I hopped straight out my car and locked it the officer stated he couldnt do anything about it. Sounds daft but it does work!

Off topic, but how does that work? Not that I'd be trying it out... Haha

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:58 pm »

Off topic, but how does that work? Not that I'd be trying it out... Haha

Sounds implausible otherwise all you need to do when you got caught for speeding would be lock the car and walk away, lol. :rolleye: