Make a donation

Author Topic: F1 and Now TV Day Pass  (Read 1124 times)

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
F1 and Now TV Day Pass
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:38:51 am »
Morning

Just seen the Now TV (Sky) Sports day pass advertised, and thought that this would be the answer to watching the odd F1 race on my TV.

However, it seems this can only be streamed on a PC or mobile device. I have a newish TV (Samsung 8 Series), so do you think I would be able to watch it through the internet browser on the TV?

Otherwise, I guess I can connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI (also wirelessly??)

Thanks all

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Re: F1 and Now TV Day Pass
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:54:36 am »
Laptop to the TV via HTMI will be the best way

However £9.99 per day is a ripoff

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:12:51 pm »

Cheers! Might still be an option for me, as I don't watch much sports, and would only be interested in the odd F1 race not shown on the BBC.

Offline Sel

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:41:50 pm »
If you have a good friend or relative you can use their Sky Go for free  :happy2:

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:21:31 pm »

Cheers! Might still be an option for me, as I don't watch much sports, and would only be interested in the odd F1 race not shown on the BBC.

A bit of research indicates that Sky does not allow playing on a TV via a computer...? Perhaps the iPad an the App might work? Any ideas?

Thanks again

Offline stubert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:13 am »
If you have an iPad and get an Apple 30pin to HDMI cable then to your TV, it just mirrors what the iPad is showing.  Pretty sure Sky Go would work that way.

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:24:29 am »
If you have an iPad and get an Apple 30pin to HDMI cable then to your TV, it just mirrors what the iPad is showing.  Pretty sure Sky Go would work that way.

It doesn't. Probably best to be 100% before advising people to spend lots of money on cables etc.

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 07:39:27 am »

It doesn't. Probably best to be 100% before advising people to spend lots of money on cables etc.

Now TV has responded to my enquiry, advising that although movies cannot be mirrored, the sports can.....? Can anyone confirm?

Cheers!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 11:09:43 am »

As per above. Sky have blocked iPad/iPhone mirroring through HDMI. They dont want people to get the TV experience for only a £5 outlay per month.

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:56:19 am »

As per above. Sky have blocked iPad/iPhone mirroring through HDMI. They dont want people to get the TV experience for only a £5 outlay per month.

Might this only be for movies etc, and not for day sports, as Sky have indicated to me? I don't quite know whether to believe them!! Thanks

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 11:59:35 am »

Might this only be for movies etc, and not for day sports, as Sky have indicated to me? I don't quite know whether to believe them!! Thanks

Not sure about a laptop/pc. Just referring to the Sky Go App.  :happy2:

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
I think the sky go is a way of watching your own subscription on a device and now tv is a way of watching a single day if you have no subscription.
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)