Make a donation

Author Topic: Margaret Thatcher dies of Stroke.  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Margaret Thatcher dies of Stroke.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 08:29:34 pm »
Hmmm might forgive them on that then! haha
Although the way it was reported and the fact they mentioned 'Celebrities that have been invited...' still rankles with me. Why mention it? :confused:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »
BBC News just announced that 2000 guests have been invited to Thatcher's funeral. Celebrities have also been invited such as Jeremy Clarkson, Shirley Bassey etc WTF??! f*ck it, why don't they invite James Cordon and JLS along for a sing song too. Celebrity culture... what a joke. This is where this country is going wrong. RIP Britain!!!

One Direction fan's respond  :grin:

2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:57 pm »
Give me strength! hahahahaha  :fighting:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 11:37:23 am »

Although the way it was reported and the fact they mentioned 'Celebrities that have been invited...' still rankles with me. Why mention it? :confused:

....Why should it bother you?

"Celebrities" is just a generic term to cover those invited friends/guests who don't have a more formal title but who are well known to the public.

Anyway, the media's interpretation of what/who is a celeb is pretty dodgy anyway.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 04:19:39 pm »
I'd definitely agree with that Robin!
It just seems that there is no escaping 'celebrity culture'.
You pick up a paper and you have Jordan and Simon Cowell plastered all over it for some kind of blatant publicity nonsense.

The tv is more and more saturated by the notion of celebrity. Forgetting the reality programmes, you also have for example 'Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of Tea'. Is it they can only sell it to us, if its endorsed by some celebrity? Then, they have guests on such as Morrisey and Dr Who to tell us about how to drink a cup of tea...  :confused:

Now, even on the BBC, instead of reporting that there will be a funeral attended by 2000 invited guests. They had to report that celebrities such as.... will also be attending (and then showing their photos on screen). Just seems totally un-necessary to me.

Sorry, I'm just having a rant.

Robin, if you could post one of your 'lady pictures' to cheer me up, it would be very much appreciated. I won't even mind if it was of a celebrity...  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 05:24:29 pm »

Robin, if you could post one of your 'lady pictures' to cheer me up, it would be very much appreciated. I won't even mind if it was of a celebrity...  :signLOL:

....It would be very rude of me not to respond to your request. So, all in the interests of hoping to make you feel better.............

She's not a 'celeb' but just a real life very sexy French gal  :love:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 05:29:41 pm »
However, to be a bit closer to topic, here's a True Blue babe.....

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 06:22:52 pm »
i plan on having a party and launching a facebook campaign for when Arthur Scargill has the decency to leave the planet

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »

....It would be very rude of me not to respond to your request. So, all in the interests of hoping to make you feel better.............

She's not a 'celeb' but just a real life very sexy French gal  :love:

Forget god bless America... GOD BLESS ROBIN!!!  :laugh:
That has definitely set me up for the weekend, I'm now a happy bunny! haha

JLo eat your heart out... you've pulled out a cracker there my friend  :happy2:

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 08:05:35 pm »
AMAZING ARSE

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 09:58:29 pm »

i plan on having a party and launching a facebook campaign for when Arthur Scargill has the decency to leave the planet

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »
^^^^ hang on robin, with what you said about folks and respect / lack thereof,  aren't you pi55ing in your own chips there?  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 12:22:25 pm »

^^^^ hang on robin, with what you said about folks and respect / lack thereof,  aren't you pi55ing in your own chips there?  :confused:

....Yes, I would be. I'm just applauding wigit's suggestion for being very witty - I wouldn't actually contribute to such a campaign because it would make me and others no better than those I criticise.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 07:34:28 am »
Looking at the pictures of the "party" in Trafalgar Sq last night and nice to see the great un-washed have made the effort, seriously I actually wonder if half of rent a mob would even know who she was or were even born when she left government. Pathetic attempt to hijack any excuse to cause disruption and a waste of valuable police resources. I wonder how many times someone said "shouldn't you be out catching real criminals like rapists and peados".

Margaret Thatcher, loved in the north like Tony Blair is loved in Basra!!!!!!!
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 01:11:32 pm »
Looking at the pictures of the "party" in Trafalgar Sq last night and nice to see the great un-washed have made the effort, seriously I actually wonder if half of rent a mob would even know who she was or were even born when she left government. Pathetic attempt to hijack any excuse to cause disruption and a waste of valuable police resources. I wonder how many times someone said "shouldn't you be out catching real criminals like rapists and peados".

Margaret Thatcher, loved in the north like Tony Blair is loved in Basra!!!!!!!

Aye the usual scruffy barstewardss who turn up at any protest , all students who like to think they are impoverished and down with the concerns of inner city Britain , but when they are finished putting Home Bargains window out or smashing up German cars , they get picked up by Mummy in her Range Rover and whisked back to their 5 bed detatched. Total and utter tossers of the highest order - I bet they wouldnt be as hard if our coppers were armed. PS Margaret Thatcher was the best PM this country has had since Winston Churchill. Tony B-liar and Gordon Clown arent fit to zip up her handbag.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)