Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust Delivery  (Read 2622 times)

keendean

Exhaust Delivery
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »
Hey,

Has anyone had to courier an exhaust? Any recommendations ?
It's risky as it could get damaged, and as I'm selling second hand to an unknown buyer it could be risky.
Any tips? I'm going back to standard, the cat back miltek being the only problem part to ship :(
Tia

Offline Wild Bean

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Exhaust Delivery
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:17:08 pm »
I always use a company called Parcel Monkey and find them far cheaper than anyone else,  I sold my Miltek to a guy in Aberdeen and it cost around £30 from memory from Cambridgeshire, to be fair it was boxed well in rather a large box I got from work, not sure anyone would take it unboxed. Have also sent a motorbike engine to Germany with them. Excellent service.

Just used them to send my son a pair of trainers to Dubai also at a cost of £38 when everyone else wanted around £70, arrived in 4 days.

Hope that helps

Jane

keendean

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:45:21 am »
Thanks, I'll give them ago. Funny enough I'll be sending from Cambridge too, not boxed though.
I'll get a quote :)

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:29 am »
Avoid parcel2go, they are turd

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline sam2kk8

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:21 pm »
ive used myhermes and they seemed decnet

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:50:42 pm »
Shipped my BCS TBE to new owner (fellow forum member) in scotland using Parcel2go, no problems with them, shipped in a very large box insured for £750, cost was around £45 i think
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:56:49 pm »

Agreed, have used InterParcel since parcel2go messed me around and they have been fine  :happy2:

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:31:10 pm »
Shipped my BCS TBE to new owner (fellow forum member) in scotland using Parcel2go, no problems with them, shipped in a very large box insured for £750, cost was around £45 i think

That was me :happy2:

No problems receiving the exhaust (apart from the storeman at work having a fit with the size of box)

I don't think it's the likes of parcel2go or parcel monkey etc that cause the problems, its down to the drivers at both ends that could cause the problems.

I received a delivery from interlink express lately and the service was the best I have seen. They sent me an email the night before telling me that I would get my delivery the next day and a text on delivery day giving me a 2 hour slot for delivery. The driver turned up 20 mins Into the delivery slot.

Offline luckyGti

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48:41 pm »
Parcel monkey and Paisley freight both provide a top service for larger items.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 09:53:06 pm »

No problems receiving the exhaust (apart from the storeman at work having a fit with the size of box)

I don't think it's the likes of parcel2go or parcel monkey etc that cause the problems, its down to the drivers at both ends that could cause the problems.

I received a delivery from interlink express lately and the service was the best I have seen. They sent me an email the night before telling me that I would get my delivery the next day and a text on delivery day giving me a 2 hour slot for delivery. The driver turned up 20 mins Into the delivery slot.

Yup I remember mate....... it was massive box, packed it as well as could have done (hence the size of the box lol).

Think with couriers it is entirely down to the region area and driver, up in Norfolk at previous house the parcelforce guy was superb and down here both the parcelforce and UPS guys are extremely good.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:46:24 am »
Parcel monkey and Paisley freight both provide a top service for larger items.

I had my full TBE posted to me through Paisley Freight without issue. Seller wrapped exhaust in bubble wrap and then fully covered in heavy duty tape. The only difficulty was actually getting into the parcel when it arrived but it was un damaged.

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 08:59:17 am »
I've had issues with a parcel okey not collecting twice.... Just sent off my Downpipes 13kg 1.9m long and interparcel wouldn't even quote, everyone else was stupid money and stumbled across Parcel Hero. Next day tracked through UPS £28. Will definitely use again. As said above its luck of the drawer with who the driver is and whether he takes pride in his work and respects people's stuff....

Offline Seany

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • VW-4-EVA
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 06:23:23 pm »
I have used Paisley freight in the past, read bad and good reports.

Mine was delivered next day, no issues.

Then again all courier services are awful, as they wont comit to a time !!
Mk5 Blue 2006 .:R32

RNS-510 'C'
Reverse Camera
VW Bluetooth with Voice Control, Genuine VW Red LED footwell lighting, ITG Filter, Cruise,
Folding Mirrors with Rev dip, Puddle Lighting, Auto Boot pop, LED interior & exterior lighting,
Valeo Led rear clusters

Oh and a 3.2 inside   :)

desperatedan

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »

Yup I remember mate....... it was massive box, packed it as well as could have done (hence the size of the box lol).

Think with couriers it is entirely down to the region area and driver, up in Norfolk at previous house the parcelforce guy was superb and down here both the parcelforce and UPS guys are extremely good.

I use Parcel2Go and they seem fine with me. Used services like TNT and Hermes through them and no problemo!!! :-)

Like TAMIYOMAN says, it depends on the area and region for the courier service you choose from booking sites like Parcel2Go.

Good luck.

Offline wheelygood

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:48 am »

its not parcel2go that do the actual delivery though, so if it was the actual postage bit that you think is turd then it was someone like tnt/yodel/myhermes that you pick from off the parcel2go site

i've used parcel2go for the last 3 years, only ever had 1 problem which was sorted straight away