Make a donation

Author Topic: Rust Claim Issue  (Read 925 times)

Jas Lad

Rust Claim Issue
« on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:09 pm »
Guys have a small issue with a rust claim issue, its a small one but one none the less

Contacted VW customer services who rang me to tell me to go to our local vw dealership which we did

met the warranty guy who looked and said yep theres a problem there but no point putting it through untill its broken through the paint (WTF?!)

Clearly the paint is bubbling but wont submit it because its not rotted through???

Disgruntled I emailed VW customer services again twice with no reply over a week ago.

Rang the next nearest VW garage (some 50 miles away) and he couldnt have less interested in he tried, basically said they were too busy to be taking on other garages problems, but he would look at it anyway but not to hold your hopes up

Generally getting pretty pissed off, whats the best thing to do? Take it to the garage further away and waste half a day or keep trying customer services?

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: Rust Claim Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »
Have you called VWUK, or sent a recorded letter?
Email is easy to disregard, or not even get processed.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:30:53 pm »
I don't know, sorry. Pretty sure it'll be on their website.

What I do know is that for issues like this, email isn't the best route to take - maybe once the ball is rolling that'd change, but think you'll get closer to a resolution with a telephone complaint for initial contact.

Good luck

Jas Lad

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:31:50 pm »
True, I will ring them up and see what they say, when I read all of the other claims getting sorted with little hassle its annoying!

Jas Lad

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »
Spoke to them and they spoke to the guy that seen our car

He is saying its a "paint defect" in the laquer of the paint, its plain as day there is rust bubbling below the paintwork not a paint defect!!

They suggested going to another dealer and getting a 2nd opinion!! totally livid

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »
Ah right is this for front wings?

With my last car I went to a local dealer, told it was a 4 month wait to see an inspector.
Feeling fobbed off I went to another one and the guy put down his mass of paperwork to come out, inspect and diagnose.

As much of a pain it is, I would go to another dealer. I don't get it - the dealer get the work paid for by VW so why not fight for the customer? They get their cut out of it.

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:23:50 pm »
Ah, the fronts are an admitted fault hence the number of positive outcomes.
Elsewhere on the car you probably have to fight a bit to get paint warranty claims approved, is the guy suggesting this is damage caused by impact or a scrape, for example?

Jas Lad

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
Ah, the fronts are an admitted fault hence the number of positive outcomes.
Elsewhere on the car you probably have to fight a bit to get paint warranty claims approved, is the guy suggesting this is damage caused by impact or a scrape, for example?

No he can see its clearly started on its own accord but hes saying it would need to break through the paint before putting in a claim which is total rubbish!

Cars never been hit or painted, no stonechips/marks/scrapes around it, just started somehow on both sides.