Make a donation

Author Topic: First GTI Golf  (Read 617 times)

uncletoby

First GTI Golf
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:18:46 pm »
Hey there. Just purchased my first GTI Golf, 2005 mk5 DSG. Absolutely love it, one of the best motors ive driven. I was however keen to ask you guys a couple of questions as it did not come with a user manual and im keen to get more familiar with this awesome machine.
- I cannot find cruise control anywhere, no stick nor options on the wiper stick... does it not come standard?
- Definitely sounds like a diesel when idling and at low revs... seems this is the case for all GTI's?
- Button on right side middle panel between the doors. It kind of looks like a sunroof button however i dont have a sunroof. Any clues?
- Also button next to stability control, i struggle to explain it as ive never seen it before... looks like a bucket on the button?

Sorry if these questions sound trivial, but would greatly appreciate some assistance.

Thanks all :happy2:

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: First GTI Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:31:04 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase. Youll not be disappointed  :happy2:

Answers to your questions...

-Cruise was a option not a standard feature.
- i assume your talking about the ticking noise? Its perfectly normal its the pressure from high pressure fuel pump.
- the button on the pillar turns off the interior sensors on the alarm i believe.
And lastly the button next to the stability is to calibrate the tyre pressure sensors.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:47:49 pm »
Glad your enjoying your GTI. It's worth getting the cam follower replaced (use the search function)  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

DF2008

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »
Baz is right but,

The button on the pillar is a tow away alarm (De -activate the if you have to be tilt and towed away)
The other is the tyre pressure reset

Enjoy :driver:

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
Bottle next to ESP is TPMS

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, it lets you know if you have a flat basically

uncletoby

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:11 pm »
Guys thanks a million, really do appreciate all the feedback... graymk5 ill check out cam follower. Cheers for the input!!!!!!!!!!!

:P