Make a donation

Author Topic: diverter valve d or g?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
diverter valve d or g?
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:08:29 pm »
The first thing i did to my car 2 months ago when i got it was replace the torn rev c diverter valve with a rev d item. Since replacing it i have got more power at higher revs but there is more hissing when loading the engine up at low revs. Basically it sounds like its a bit of a duff item, unless i have a leak elsewhere but ive had a look and cant find anything. Is it worth me getting a rev g diverter valve and fitting it? Is it known that the revision d's are a bit crappy or come already faulty? cheers

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: diverter valve d or g?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:15:26 pm »
After reading through the forum I decided to follow the general flow and buy a revision G! It came today and will be fitted Saturday!

Have a search about the forum and google!!

Offline karl210

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:21:33 pm »
bugger it ive just ordered a revision g one. Found a used one on ebay for £25 posted, Its worth a shot. im sick of the hissing and the whining, sounds like its going to blow up

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:28:11 pm »
The first thing i did to my car 2 months ago when i got it was replace the torn rev c diverter valve with a rev d item. Since replacing it i have got more power at higher revs but there is more hissing when loading the engine up at low revs. Basically it sounds like its a bit of a duff item, unless i have a leak elsewhere but ive had a look and cant find anything. Is it worth me getting a rev g diverter valve and fitting it? Is it known that the revision d's are a bit crappy or come already faulty? cheers

Yes, get a Revision G Diverter Valve, cant say no for £35. Revision D can leak and over the last year or so tuners have found that the Revision G holds boost must better on standard and mapped cars.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~