Make a donation

Author Topic: Robs Mk5 GTI  (Read 1052 times)

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Robs Mk5 GTI
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:43:22 pm »
Hey guys and gals.

Decided to register here as Im on the website alot since the purchase of my GTI. Heres a few pics of my latest motor. Its nice to be back in a petrol car with some decent power  :D
Spec as follows,

Leather interior
Aluminium interior trim
Sunroof
Heated electric mirrors
Auto Lights
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Rain sensing wipers
Follow me home lights
Ipod, usb and SD connector in glove box
GTi seat handle inserts
Laminx'd fog lights
K&N panel filter
Interior led bulbs
Recently powdercoated 18s

Other than that its quite standard. No engine or suspension upgrades. Hoping to start making some changes soon! It could do with a new drivers floor mat! C&C welcome!

Offline tigerj360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
    • Email
Re: Robs Mk5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 04:25:25 pm »
Looks lovely that mate! And welcome  :happy2:

DF2008

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:08:31 am »
Get to work on those pipes dude they are grimey. Wire wool and Autosol will clean them up.....but be patient as looks as though they haven't seem much of a clean recently.

Welcome

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »
Cheers dudes!

Haha yeah they haven't been cleaned since 06 i reckon! :confused: i must tackle them over the weekend! Thanks for the cleaning tips!

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 11:48:51 am »
Haven't updated this is a while, mostly out of laziness  :oops:

So over the summer ive done a little bit to the GTI, firstly was a new diverter valve. Easy to fit, made a great improvement to the power, it must have been gone since i bought the car becuase i thought it was fast when i got it  :shock:

after that i picked up some FK highsport coilovers

i just wanted something affordable to drop the car, and these did exactly that....wound them down to the last front and rear....

Also fitted new oem top mounts and bearings while the struts were out. Pics for reference.

It was a bit too low for practicality and running the car so low for a week or two made sh*te of the insides of the front tires so I had fitted 2 bf goodrich up front and raised it up to a sensible height.

I came across a complete milltek exhaust system second hand. It needed a new flexi welded in and after cleaining it up we spotted some cracks around the flange so that got some extra welding and its as good as new now.

Can't complain with the results, its made the car a bit more fun for very little effort  :) Turbo spools up that bit quicker and also seems to have improved the torque. Its relatively quiet too for a complete system, i was dreading it would sound wank but im happy with it.

Next up was to clean up the headlights by giving them a wet sanding and and polish to clear up the yellowness/scratches.

I picked up this kit in halfords and gave it a bash.

Before

After

Not perfect but a nice improvement, i will redo this again some weekend. Its just a matter of patience but i aint got much of that  :lol:

Haven't done much else to it really with being away on holidays and the insurance renewal this month its hard to set money aside for the car...

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 05:24:27 pm »
Looks good! Did you use a machine polisher for your headlights or was it done by hand?

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:57:19 pm »
Yeah just did them by hand and used the polishing attachment for the drill to finish off. Not a bad result to be fair. Probably turn out even better with a machine polisher