Make a donation

Author Topic: Wrapping Wheels  (Read 722 times)

Offline marcnazer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Wrapping Wheels
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »
Has anyone or has anyone considered wrapping their wheels in vinyl used to wrap cars body work?
I was thinking about it today, couldn't find any photos of anyone who has done it though...I think it could open the door to some interesting ideas.

Im thinking of going for something very outlandish if I do go for it something like a florescent pink or florescent green or maybe a carbon fiber effect on 18" Monzas against a black car.
The advantage of a wrap being that when I become inevitably bored of the idea of having pink/green wheels I can just take the wrap off and go back to standard, unlike having them actually painted which would cost a lot more too.

Thoughts?

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Wrapping Wheels
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:55:20 pm »
All sorts of wrapping has been done on wheels, just do a google search but because of the battering wheels receive I don't know how long the wrap would hold, plus the wrap needs a shiny (ideally painted/lacquered) surface to adhere to.

Water Transfer Printing is probably the way forward for mad colours and ideas. Just type in "Water Transfer Printing wheels" and have a gander through the images. A fair few places do it now, I had a few interior bits done this way.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~