Make a donation

Author Topic: Im Just Lying To Myself.....  (Read 1008 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Im Just Lying To Myself.....
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »
As you may or may not know my DSG box in playing up. Im getting juddery shifts between 1st, 2nd and reverse, maybe a failing mechtronic unit.

the place i bought it from may be paying half to the cost if i decide to get it fixed as its still in the 6 months warranty they gave me.

But i think this the final straw with DSG for me, ive been trying to tell myself i enjoy it and that i love the fast changes and love been able to stick it in D and then into manual.

truth be have it, i feel dis-jointed from the car, i missing dropping down 2 gears, hitting 2nd or 3rd and flying out the corners. I really tried to enjoy the manual mode but its just not the same.

Plus, cant be arsed with another failing DSG box....too dam expensive to repair. So im now on the lookout for 5dr Manual....Cant wait.

Ps: all the people who were waiting to see what the bumper from PPC looked and fitted like....there will now be a delay till i get a new motor.....(rant over)  :rolleye:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:59:56 pm by GTI-Ross »
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Im Just Lying To Myself.....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »
Sorry to hear this Ross. Its always a kick in the nuts when you get a big (unexpected) bill.  :sad1:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:49:19 pm »
At least you will get the new car feeling all over again!  :signLOL:

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline phoenix

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:02:41 pm »
I guess you at least have half the cost from VW... can you push for more?

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 11:29:13 pm »
It's a tricky game Ross. The grass is always greener I find.

My mate picks me up in his ma's 07' MK5 GTI with DSG and I think, "Superb, why didn't I get a DSG'd GTI!?".

Both my MK5 GTI and A3 Black Edition had/have 6MT boxes. Truth be told, I've never been driving my own car and wished I'd got DSG while making a gear change. Even in traffic, trundling along in 2nd in both cars, switching between handbrake & clutch up while stopped, then clutch down again isn't too taxxing.

The Audi's changes can be a bit blippy' or catch now and again into 3rd and 4th, but I still stuck with a manual.

Only now would I maybe jump to a double clutched box in whatever I have next, but that's not for a good while yet.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door