Make a donation

Author Topic: Eibach sportlines mk5 GTi  (Read 8460 times)

Offline Kinks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Re: Eibach sportlines mk5 GTi
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:16 pm »
Price ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: Eibach sportlines mk5 GTi
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:06 pm »
£115 delivered

i can get pics up if anyone wants to see.

Im in sunderland, but going to early edition 38 and santa pod on sunday if that helps or can meet somewhere tomorrow on the way down to Birmingham.

thanks

Thom

stevenmorris

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 06:54:54 am »
I appreciate the effort if you can post some more images so that i can also take a closer look over it,I am also a big fan of Eibach sportlines mk5 GTi just wanted to gain some information out of curiosity.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 07:48:07 am »
Hi folks,

Just looking to know what everyone thinks of Eibach sportline springs? I have FK street coilovers on my mk5 GTi but im looking to get away from the harsh ride, and the fact my girlfriend lives in the country doesnt really help matters. Ive seen a few cars on google images with sportlines in and the car sits nicely. Just want to see if anyone can help on these, or if there are other springs out there.

Regards Stuart
I've had both on mine(Eibach sportlines and H&R supersports), each for some time, and I believe you will be happier with Eibach's for a more comfortable ride.They are very close to the same drop, but H&R may or may not drop up to 1/8" more in front plus the H&R's are not as easy on the bum and back. I only switched from E's to H&R's for more front rake, but I didn't get it so I cut my front springs...so, the first pic was with sportlines, my first set of springs, and the following are now with the cut SS's:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:55:02 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline wycombeant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 02:36:19 pm »
I have Eibach sportlines on my GT sport, they sit nice and ride is pretty much OEM with great handling! I do like them but im in two minds whether to get the fk streets cos I want to go that little bit lower...really don't know what to do cos I don't want a harsh ride which is what people say with coilovers  :rolleye:

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 02:58:51 pm »
MORE PICTURES :party: :party: :party: :party:

Offline stuartDLK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »
I have Eibach sportlines on my GT sport, they sit nice and ride is pretty much OEM with great handling! I do like them but im in two minds whether to get the fk streets cos I want to go that little bit lower...really don't know what to do cos I don't want a harsh ride which is what people say with coilovers  :rolleye:

Well if you dont want harsh ride then dont go FK streets. Thats what im on atm, its ok to start with but after a while you will get sick of them. If you want coilovers, save that bit longer and spend good moeny on them. A set of FK highlines are meant to be a good set.

Offline stuartDLK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Have just ordered myself a set of Eibach sportlines from awesome GTI.  :happy2: :happy2:

Offline phil bert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 04:29:09 pm »
nice goig stu have to keep informed has to how you go with them , do you find that you have a lot of hopping from the front wheels and it creacky ?
had new tyre fitted to mine the other day and asked if there was anything looking worn due to the amount of noise but said everything looks ok ?
if it not rubbing it aint dubbing

Offline stuartDLK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 12:22:23 pm »
nice goig stu have to keep informed has to how you go with them , do you find that you have a lot of hopping from the front wheels and it creacky ?
had new tyre fitted to mine the other day and asked if there was anything looking worn due to the amount of noise but said everything looks ok ?

What do you mean hopping mate? If you mean like knocking and stuff, yea i had quite a bit of it at the start until they bedded in. My tires wore on the inside but thats just because of the stance my car had. Im starting to get a knocking noise now from the front and it sounds like it could be the shock thats gone. The sooner i get a set the comfy springs in the better  :smiley: