Make a donation

Author Topic: Remapping ans DPF issues on MK6 GTD - Anyone have any info?  (Read 17293 times)

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Remapping a MK6 GTD - Anyone have any info?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:56 am »
Think it's only the later ones that require the ECU out.

See here for a remap write up: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,63609.0.html

I may get mine done, as long as my clutch can handle it. 210bhp at stage one, should be at least as quick as a mk6 GTI, but sill still do 50+mpg and because of the DPF - NO SMOKE  :P

Stage 2 (DPF removed) is around 220+bhp which according to Revo is quicker than a stage 1 TSI golf  :notworthy:

As for Revo...How can a 220 BHP car beat a 250 BHP car (Both similar weight)?
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 10:51:14 am »
Get a DSG one. It'll save massive clutch headaches and the 'box really suits the engine.

No more DSG, thats why im selling my MK5 GTI, sh*tty DSG and the Mechatronic issue....Going back to basics....straight 6 manual  :driver:

If you're planning on mapping I would say DSG is a safer bet than a Manual.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 11:01:33 am »
How many miles you going to do?

There's no substitute for a fun petrol :)

Yeah i have always had the same feeling...love the petrol, but after reading the post that wa linked above, 210bhp and 50mpg....really tempting me..

With petrol prices rising and hitting £1.55 for V-Power....Think it the right thing to do.... :confused:

The gap between Diesel and Petrol (Super Unleaded) costs is quite close where I live but once demand rises for Diesel worldwide the gap will start to widen again.

It's very dependent on mileage and I worked out a fuel cost difference of around £500-600+ a year in favour of Diesel when comparing a MK6 GTI and GTD averaging 35 MPG and 45 MPG respectively.

The Diesel tank range is appealing but the temptation of a DPF delete would probably be too great for me  :signLOL: and that would negate the Diesel cost saving for at least 1 years mileage.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:04:51 am by GTI5 »
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Remapping ans DPF issues on MK6 GTD - Anyone have any info?
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 11:06:07 am »

See here for a remap write up: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,63609.0.html

I may get mine done, as long as my clutch can handle it. 210bhp at stage one, should be at least as quick as a mk6 GTI, but sill still do 50+mpg and because of the DPF - NO SMOKE  :P

Stage 2 (DPF removed) is around 220+bhp which according to Revo is quicker than a stage 1 TSI golf  :notworthy:

It's all about the torque.  :wink:

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 11:14:07 am »

I may get mine done, as long as my clutch can handle it. 210bhp at stage one, should be at least as quick as a mk6 GTI, but sill still do 50+mpg and because of the DPF - NO SMOKE  :P

Stage 2 (DPF removed) is around 220+bhp which according to Revo is quicker than a stage 1 TSI golf  :notworthy:

It's all about the torque.  :wink:

Yeh you're right the GTI will be producing more power because the torque will be available at a higher rpm :wink:
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 11:40:00 am »

Yeah i have always had the same feeling...love the petrol, but after reading the post that wa linked above, 210bhp and 50mpg....really tempting me..

With petrol prices rising and hitting £1.55 for V-Power....Think it the right thing to do.... :confused:

The gap between Diesel and Petrol (Super Unleaded) costs is quite close where I live but once demand rises for Diesel worldwide the gap will start to widen again.

It's very dependent on mileage and I worked out a fuel cost difference of around £500-600+ a year in favour of Diesel when comparing a MK6 GTI and GTD averaging 35 MPG and 45 MPG respectively.

The Diesel tank range is appealing but the temptation of a DPF delete would probably be too great for me  :signLOL: and that would negate the Diesel cost saving for at least 1 years mileage.

The GTI has a combined 35mpg and the GTD 55mpg
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 11:50:09 am »

The Diesel tank range is appealing but the temptation of a DPF delete would probably be too great for me  :signLOL: and that would negate the Diesel cost saving for at least 1 years mileage.

The GTI has a combined 35mpg and the GTD 55mpg

Yeh the basis was that a MK6 GTI would average 35 MPG against a claimed 38.3 MPG and the GTD would average 45 against a claimed c.50 MPG.

My MK5 typically sits around 32 MPG on the usual journeys I run depending on what's in the way :signLOL:.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline campbell511

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 12:15:26 pm »
Check out Ecotune they are based in Glasgow but have a dealer network. They do all the work to my GTi and are constantly doing dpf removals and software. 01418824669 ask for Stan.  :happy2:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Remapping and DPF on MK6 GTD - Anyone have any info?
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 12:48:02 pm »
Has anyone heard of any DPF issues with the MK6 GTD?

Not had any DPF issues with my A3 Black Edition. If you are covering substantial mileage with a decent amount of motorway driving, it shouldnt be an issue.

Same here. The CR engines dont have problems like the old PD engines did. Awesome GTI said the only DPF problems they have seen is the pressure sensor failing (about £60 to replace).  :happy2:

Come to think of it I dont even recall mine doing a regeneration  :grin: i do a 380 mile round trip every 4-5 weeks (and a few motorway runs in between) so the exhaust get hot enough to burn the soot off without the ECU having to intervene.

My mates polo bluemotion seems to regen all the time (engine revs rise and fan comes on after switching engine off)

I'm loving my DPF at the moment, the tailpipes are completely clean & shiny (unlike my GTI's). At the last JKM dyno day, it was laughable how the GTI's and ED30's were chucking out black smoke, whereas my "Soot chucker" was blowing out practiacally fresh air  :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:58:26 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 12:50:43 pm »

I may get mine done, as long as my clutch can handle it. 210bhp at stage one, should be at least as quick as a mk6 GTI, but sill still do 50+mpg and because of the DPF - NO SMOKE  :P

Stage 2 (DPF removed) is around 220+bhp which according to Revo is quicker than a stage 1 TSI golf  :notworthy:

Yeh you're right the GTI will be producing more power because the torque will be available at a higher rpm :wink:

Thats it  :happy2:

Its the delivery across the rev range also. My Standard Rocco has the same torque as my Stage 1 GTI had (both measured on JKM's dyno).

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »

Thats it  :happy2:

Its the delivery across the rev range also. My Standard Rocco has the same torque as my Stage 1 GTI had (both measured on JKM's dyno).

Do you have a preference between the Golf and the Scirocco?

I was probably conservative with the expected GTD combined figures in my estimates.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 07:07:03 pm »
Scirocco handles better  :driver:

I'm averaging 50.3 on my no2 trip (over about 3000 miles)  :star:

I managed 63.6mpg on a very gentle drive of about 20miles but average mid-high 50's on a 70mph motorway cruise (keeps getting better with the warmer weather). I get high 30's - early 40's on a 3 mile drive to the shops from cold start

It's at least 16mpg better than my GTI on average, and if I'm honest I drive this a little harder as its so cheap to run  :wink: