Make a donation

Author Topic: stearing wheels !!!  (Read 641 times)

Offline MurphDog

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • 1.9 TDI
    • Email
stearing wheels !!!
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »
hi there guys to start of with i have a 1.9 tdi and have a standard stearing wheel with no multi-function control and looking to get a gti wheel from some one on here but it has the multi-function controls and dsg controls my question is:

1.i know that if i take off the dsg controlls that wont be a problem but will i be able to get the controlls to work with my car even tho i dont have the Multi wheel already?
2.if the answer to the first question is no then will i still be able to use the wheel and just have the controls there ?

thanks in advance
*tryed looking on google but dont know what to search *
1.9 TDI, GTI wheels, GTI steering wheel, privacy glass, and a sig pic that was way to big.

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Re: stearing wheels !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:14:53 am »
It might depend on What steering wheel controller you have. Do you have vcds/vag com?

Sent From My Samsung S3

Offline MurphDog

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • 1.9 TDI
    • Email
Re: stearing wheels !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:42:02 am »
i carnt look vwraz55 as im in afghan for the next 3 weeks then ill be home im sure if it dont fit ill just sell it on :)

cheers dude
1.9 TDI, GTI wheels, GTI steering wheel, privacy glass, and a sig pic that was way to big.

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:56:21 am »
It's just a standard MFSW retrofit so don't worry about it fitting, it will and you'll get the controls to work.

To get the buttons to work you'll need a highline steering control module (unlikely you have one now) and definitely a new airbag loom to get the buttons to work, then you need someone to do coding in VCDS.

I take it you have a 3 spoke steering wheel now? Just reuse your airbag and cover.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline MurphDog

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • 1.9 TDI
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »
yh ive got the standard 3 spoke one on now and thats a good thing that the air will just swap right over any one got a vcds that will be able to bring to a meet ? im in afghan till 10th may so if they are any meets in may ill be happy to come along

thanks skard