Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone use VW dealer at Parkway Derby for servicing?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Anyone use VW dealer at Parkway Derby for servicing?
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:22:56 am »
Normally go to Gilders but this may be more convenient this time round

Initial email contact with Tracey at Parkway was very quick and professional at least.

Thank you

Matt

Offline john a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
    • The Veneers Cover Band
Re: Anyone use VW dealer at Parkway Derby for servicing?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:15:08 pm »
I don't Matt and I am not sure he is still there, but a drummer in the band I use to play in went to work at Parkway as a technician he always struck me as being knowlegable and fastidious. Little help to you probably, but just a small experience.

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »
I have used TL Darby in Burton a couple of times in the past and I know Jaywoo on here has too. But I now use Alex at AKS for anything I need doing.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »
I've used the Derby garage in the past - been ok to be honest, I mean how good are any dealers eh!  Not had any real issues which I suppose it the important thing. 

You could always go next door to the SEAT garage or 200yds down the road to the Audi dealers...

I'll start using them again when I am back in a VW no doubt.

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:21:13 pm »
Just thought I would update this and say that I had a very enjoyable service experience at VW Parkway Derby today.

From the start of the process Tracey was great at booking my car in via email. She also sold me into their monthly service plan that represents good value for money and spreads the cost over the year. It offers extras such as free diagnostics, oil and screenwash top ups, tyre pressure checks etc

Price for service and front discs and pads was £337 and although they didnt manage to do it they also had a look at coding my RNS510 to my Highline and didnt charge anything because they couldnt do it..

And the 2.0tdi Tiguan Courtesy Car (also FOC) was better than the 1.2 Polo I used to get from Gilders and had to fill back up with fuel

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend

Matt

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:53:31 pm »
Good to hear that as my R will be going there for servicing - might have to look at this plan too as it doesn't have a service plan.

Some of the sales guys I have been speaking to over the last week or so have been very helpful and accommodating - sorting me out a drive in a car they had without any hassle.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:19:45 pm »
Top service from VW Parkway - serviced the car and did me a decent price (service/brake fluid/aircon), needed tyres for the MOT - they agreed to re-test same day if I took down the spare wheels I had, which they did.

Got home after the service - noticed the air con being noisy. called back in to show them the following day and book in if needed, they asked if I had time and did it there and then, re-vacuum'd it, re-gassed it, re-seated the pollen filter and seemed to have resolved the problem.

All in a very good service - took out another service plan too.